+ Reply to Thread
    be3

Where Do I find ROM info??

I see many threads about the ROM version's on PDA's and have been unable to find how to get the info on my 760. I am new to this site and wondered if anyone knows where to find it?

Thanks,
    Bill

There's no other ROM versions available for this phone. If a new one is released it will only be from verizon. Unlike some phones (mainly HTC based devices) there isn't a community of ROM hackers for samsung phones. ROM's for samsungs are very unique device to device.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

ROM hacking definitely is more of a GSM thing where the phone is much, much less tied to a specific carrier network. I'm unaware of any alternate ROMs for any CDMA devices.

There are indeed ROM utils and kitchens for CDMA phones. Notably, the HTC Apache (xv6700 to VZW users) can be completely customized, but there were custom ROMS for the i730 and other phones as well.

For the i760, nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by be3 View Post
    I see many threads about the ROM version's on PDA's and have been unable to find how to get the info on my 760. I am new to this site and wondered if anyone knows where to find it?

Thanks,
    Bill
    To answer your original question, go Settings-->System (tab)-->Version.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

be3
    Thanks for the answers. That makes sense.

Bill