+ Reply to Thread
    Robert Tankersley

Question Internal Battery?

I have searched but have not seen this discussed. My understanding is that the flash memory is persistent meaning it is good even without power. In the manual for this phone I find the following information. OK does it have an internal battery?

Battery Capacity
    When the battery becomes low, a warning window displays and the backlight turns
    off.
    Note: Long backlight settings, simultaneous use of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, searching for service, vibrate mode
    and browser use affect the battery’s talk and standby times.
    There is also an internal backup battery that saves all phone settings if the regular
    battery is discharged. The internal battery maintains data for approximately four
    hours. This internal backup battery needs an initial charge of 24 hours.
    Perform ActiveSync operations or a backup utility frequently to avoid loosing any
    information in case the battery is fully discharged. For more information see
    Robert Tankersley CDP

Superdave took apart an i760 and posted photos of the naked i760. Perhpaps he can tell us whether he found an internal battery. FYI, search for "exposed" in this forum to find the the thread that contains the photos.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Robert Tankersley
    Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    Superdave took apart an i760 and posted photos of the naked i760. Perhpaps he can tell us whether he found an internal battery. FYI, search for "exposed" in this forum to find the the thread that contains the photos.
    Did not see mention of a battery in his pictures. Was hoping he might see this question.
    Robert Tankersley CDP