+ Reply to Thread
    be3

I760 VoiceCommand issue answered

I have been working on this issue since 10-1-07 when I got the I760 and a Jawbone BT haedset. The only thing not working on the VC/BT is on incomming calls, the caller is announced via the phones speaker and not the BT. After 2 calls to samsung and 2 to verizon, I got an answer today. The Handsfree BT feature is only for a car with bluetooth options. This was confirmed by a VZW Tech named Jean at Huston ext. 4877. VZW does not support all of the features and products that they sell. Samsung gave the following site to futher explain </title> <META content="Product Support" name=title /> <META content="Product Support" name=kewords /> <META content="Find world class Product Support information here." name=description /> <META content="" name=date SHEME="ISO-8601" /> <META content Verizion could not give me any place to find the answer since the manual nor phone says that it is only for cars.

Hope this helps someone (not me). Maybe someone with the knowledge of the appl and registry can hack it.

Bill

I dont see anything written about this on the link

Appreciate the hard work, but I think you got the brush off. Reminds me of the bad old days when you would have a problem and the hardware vendor would blame the software and the software vendor would blame the hardware vendor. And then someone would tell you to type "reformat C:\confirm"
    BacardiGuy - Samsung i760 (i730 RIP) - WM6.1, 16 GB Sandisk MicroSD, Motorola S9 A2DP headphones, Slingplayer, Phone Alarm, Tom Tom Navigator, PocketMusic, Stowaway keyboard and mouse, MemMaid, SPB Backup, Newsbreak, Coreplayer, SBSH Weather, Audible, Lotus Mobility Client, Lotus Traveler, Pocket Quicken, eWallet, Pocket Breeze, Pocket Informant, Voice Command

It is not just an i760 issue. It is an acknowledged bug in the current release of Voice Command. Effects all WM6 devices with Voice Command... Needs to be fixed by Microsoft, not Samsung or Verizon.

Alan

Dedicated WINCE\PPC\WM FAN!
    I just played with a friend's T-Mobile wing, which I think runs WM6 but am not 100% sure,and noted that her Voice Command announces and reads the entire SMS message for her. Her VC version number is higher than my i760's, mine is 1.6.17233 hers was 1.6.17** (I'll have to confirm this). But here's the odd part.I just looked at my i730 and see that the version of VC 1.6 that I bought for it months ago is v 1.60.4622.0.
    I'm not sure why the i760 would come with a version older than what's at retail and compatible with a WM5 device.

What version do you guys have?

Professional Phone User Thundaar's Avatar
    I have v1.6.17233

I don't use bluetooth headset but it does read sms and call ID through the speaker.

Dedicated WINCE\PPC\WM FAN!
    **update** Her Tmobile Wing has 1.6.17740 and it is a WM6 device.

Thanks Thundaar, then there has to be something up with my config. I'll keep messing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by be3 View Post
    The only thing not working on the VC/BT is on incomming calls, the caller is announced via the phones speaker and not the BT. :
    I have version 1.6.17233 :
    I can't get an announcment from BT or the device speaker. Do I need to change something in my settings?

Thanks

Professional Phone User Thundaar's Avatar
    yes

start
    settings
    voice command
    notifications
    announce using (whatever you want) BT or device speaker
    ok
    highlight phone
    options
    announce incoming calls
    ok
    highlight messinging
    options
    check on announce new messages (if you want this)
    uncheck high priorty if you want all sms read
    ok
    ok
    x

it 'should' work now

Although I will be surprized if you can get it to announce calls through BT only and not the device speaker. If this does work for you, please report; that would be the first I have seen of it.

I had made the change under VC notifications but didn't know I had to make a change under phone also. Thanks Thudaar.

Announcements through bluetooth only worked great for me for a few weeks then just decided to not work anymore. Incoming calls are now announced through the handset speaker but used to be announced through my Jawbone headset. The exception is that if I'm on a call the second call is announced through the headset. Text messages are still announced and read to me through the headset.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark11 View Post
    The exception is that if I'm on a call the second call is announced through the headset.
    Same here. I have a Blueant Interphone hands free. I get an announcement on call waiting, but not on the initial call it self. Also, although I have the phone set to "Auto Answer" off. The phone automaticly answers.
    Any sugestions?

New Mexico (yes that's in the USA & the water is drinkable)
    are you guys looking for all anouncements to go to the headset? If you are you could slip an additional program on the device that redirects handset sounds to bluetooth device. We used to use it on the i730-WM5 & I have heard it works fine with the i760-WM6. if interested let me know and I'll dig up the links
    Favorite DNRC's inDUHvidual's quotes

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous"
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaGeek View Post
    are you guys looking for all anouncements to go to the headset?
    Hi Mike,
    Yea, that would definatly work for me. I appreciate your help.

I just noticed that incoming calls are announced over bluetooth if you are already on a call. Give it a try.

Hi Mike could you send me that program or file to!

Is the btaudio utility the one you are looking for? If so, I did a quick search for 'btaudio' and came up with

UTILITY - Redirect ALL audio to Bluetooth Headset

I'm sure there are others as well; it's just that when I read this thread, I remembered the name and thought I'd reply. If that''s not what you're looking for, sorry about that. I used to use it on my i730. There's been posts saying it works on the i760, but I haven't had to use it yet (using by BT earpiece less now, given my changed pda/cell habits).
    John

New Mexico (yes that's in the USA & the water is drinkable)
    That's the file I was referring to DWIM ... THanks ... I was just coming back to post the link

UTILITY - Redirect ALL audio to Bluetooth Headset
    Favorite DNRC's inDUHvidual's quotes

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous"
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I have been fighting the same issue of getting phone calls announced or to play ringtone through my BT headset (Motorola H700). I tried the BTAudio progam and it made no change to getting the ringtones or phone call announcements throught the headset. What I did find that it would do was allow Windows Media Player to play my MP3 files through the headset. I agree with AlanB that it is a Microsoft problem. I posted a question on the WM forum on Microsoft.com and it was confirmed as a know Windows issue. Hope they fix it soon.