+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

retractable sync/charge cable?

Has anyone found one out there.....ive been searching sites for days. Don't want to carry the coil or the regular one in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsteve View Post
    Has anyone found one out there.....ive been searching sites for days. Don't want to carry the coil or the regular one in my pocket.
    mrailing had gotten word that MacMedia International was going to produce a retractable sync/charge cable to be released in mid November. I emailed them for an update a couple of days ago and haven't received a reply.

No other company has a retractable cable yet. I wonder if there is some significant issue why, other than the Pocket Solutions rather beefy cable, none exists. Could there be particular issues with the i760 that prevent putting sufficient power along with data in the same thin cable? I have the Pocket Solutions cable and it works very well; but I too am looking forward to a more pocketable version.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

the other thread about Macmedia basically said that they decided the pain in the rear proprietary connector wasn't worth dealing with at the moment becasue the user base is so small. Hopefully as more people buy then other options will show up ...

Just got email from PocketPCTechs...

I had emailed them a while ago; they replied with a statement that they were making up an adapter. Just received email from Leonard Wesson at the company stating that the new adapter is now up on their web site. Below are the URLs he sent me. I ordered 2 of the bundles. Will report how it works once I get them. I have had their retractable Lil'Sync for some time and really like them (no, not connected w/the company or anything like that).

The adapter alone:

Pocket PC Techs - Accessories for Samsung SCH-i760 Lil Sync DUO Samsung Adapter

The combo, Lil' Sync & adapter:

Pocket PC Techs - Accessories for Samsung SCH-i760 Lil' Sync® Pro Cable/Samsung DUO Adapter Bundle
    John

Quote Originally Posted by DWIM View Post
    I had emailed them a while ago; they replied with a statement that they were making up an adapter. Just received email from Leonard Wesson at the company stating that the new adapter is now up on their web site. Below are the URLs he sent me. I ordered 2 of the bundles. Will report how it works once I get them. I have had their retractable Lil'Sync for some time and really like them (no, not connected w/the company or anything like that).

The adapter alone:

Pocket PC Techs - Accessories for Samsung SCH-i760 Lil Sync DUO Samsung Adapter

The combo, Lil' Sync & adapter:

Pocket PC Techs - Accessories for Samsung SCH-i760 Lil' Sync® Pro Cable/Samsung DUO Adapter Bundle
    Looks like if you already have a Lil sync retractable cable of theirs you only need to order the phone adapter. The cable looks to be USB to mini-5 USB and would work for anything with the addition of an adapter. I'm not sure, but were the older cables USB 1 and this one is USB 2? Maybe that's why I would want the bundle instead of just the adapter.

I do have the Lil sync retractable cable and have had it for a while. I agree; I could have just ordered the adapter alone, but thought I may as well get another cable since I've had it for quite a while. I got it when they first came out; liked it's construction better than the MacCable I already had. While the LilSync was bulkier than the MacCable, it felt more substantive than the MacCable. The MacCble was working fine for me (and many others on the i730 forum); I just like the more substantive feel of the LilSync - others go the other way.

Will let you-all know how it works out once they're here. I would have preferred an all-in-one retractable cable (so I don't need any 'adapter'), but that's not what they built for a product. Having a retractable cable is more important to me than the small down-side of the adapter; besides I can also charge my GPS and / or my BT earpiece at the same time (although that'd be seldom).
    John

RETRACTABLE SYNC/CHARGE CABLE NOT POCKETPCTECHS

Okay sorry to burst your bubbles but if this one works this doesn't have an adapter sticking out, however, you do need to use the tip exchange adapter which is included but nothings coming off the side.

Check the pictures - Oh, and lifetime warranty

Amazon.com: Retractable Power Hot Sync and Charge USB Data Cable w/ Tip Exchange for the Samsung SCH-i760 - Gomadic Brand: Electronics

And no I don't work for them I just want to make sure everyone sees this and saw font options. Hey, if the option is there it's allowed
    Last edited by brodie; 01-20-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Wow, thats some big font!

The cable looks nice... I wonder if it works as they say it does?

Will know as soon as it shows up. Just bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by krelvin View Post
    Will know as soon as it shows up. Just bought one.
    Please post back and let us know! I'd love to have one, but didn't want to buy the other one out there that requires the big adapter. I like this style because you can easily stick it in a pocket when traveling.

Well, the package arrived today... faster than I expected... but what was shipped is not what was ordered.

They sent a coiled cable, not a retractable one. I've sent them a note to get it rectified...

The tip thing looks okay.. .fits etc... but didn't want to play with the cable so that I can send it back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails retractable sync/charge cable?-gomadic-wrong-part.jpg  

I got mine today.They also sent me a coiled cable. It does work, but not what I ordered[. I also sent them a email.

QUOTE=krelvin;708431]Well, the package arrived today... faster than I expected... but what was shipped is not what was ordered.

They sent a coiled cable, not a retractable one. I've sent them a note to get it rectified...

The tip thing looks okay.. .fits etc... but didn't want to play with the cable so that I can send it back.[/QUOTE]

i did get one and it had the phone adapter and another tip coming off the side that is the same as the origional lil sync cable adapter .... charges too.

They responded that they were shipping the correct one. Told me to keep the coiled one.

The retractable one that I'm talking about should look like:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails retractable sync/charge cable?-retractable-cable-02.png  

Wow you'd think they'd know the difference between coiled and retractable. I wonder if it's a new product and their coiled cable was a big seller. I know I would get a coiled cable if a retractable didn't exist. But it shouldn't be that difficult. Sorry guys, at least they are taking care of you. Please let us know how the cable works, I haven't purchased one yet.
    Last edited by brodie; 01-25-2008 at 11:42 AM.

I received the coiled instead of the retractable as well. My guess is they have an outside fullfilment house that got the SKUs mixed up.

I sent them an email via their website support request.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

They apparently already knew they had a problem because while I got a reply via email today, I also got the replacement part today as well. So they had already shipped a replacement before I emailed them.

Now I need to order another "tip" as the retractable came without an extra tip, which is okay... I will have my coworker order an extra tip when he orders his to save shipping.

Pics below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails retractable sync/charge cable?-gomadic-schi760-01.jpg   retractable sync/charge cable?-gomadic-schi760-02.jpg   retractable sync/charge cable?-gomadic-schi760-03.jpg  

FYI - PocketSolutions.com now has Retractable Sync/Charge cable too

Samsung i760 Retractable Sync and Charge Cable : (5 Star Rating) Google Checkout available.

However, I like how the other one above in this thread has a lifetime warranty and at first I didn't like the tip exchange but hey it will probably work for future devices so you don't have to keep buying a new cable

On a related note - after getting the pocketsolutions screen protectors and finding them to be the crappiest ones I have ever run into yet, I'm not too keen on purchasing anything from these guys. The screen protector made my stylus practically unusable especially with games.

Even though I have some PPCTechs screen protectors I haven't put one on yet I still stick with the fellowes universal screen protectors they are cheap and man the response is good for games and S2U2 etc.
    Last edited by brodie; 04-25-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Just because nobody mentioned it -
    miniSync - i760 Retractable Cable / Samsung i760 Retractable Cable / i760 USB Cable / Samsung i760 USB Cable

Boxwave - served me well with my i730 - do wish it had a replaceable connector - still I think they do good work.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I also just received the Boxwave minisync cable. This is the second thing I've ordered from them and so far they are batting 1000. First thing I got from them was one of their washable/reusable screen protectors, which I've had for a couple months now and am really impressed with.

The minisync cable is also very nice, feels very well made like it will last a long time, and is rediculously convenient. It has replaced my OEM sync cable, travel charger, and docking station all in one fell swoop.

They have fast shipping too even if you just get the base/standard shipping... I got both items in like 3 business days. And they update you every step of the way as far as when they charge you and when they ship the item.

I will try to buy my i760 stuff from them exclusively unless I need something they dont have