+ Reply to Thread
    Searching for John Galt lynnpreston's Avatar

Parrot PMK5800 FM Modulator Car Kit

The Parrot PMK5800 is a handsfree and A2DP car kit from Parrot that uses FM modulation to stream music and play calls through your car stereo. To install you stimply plug it into your 12v car outlet. I've tried FM modulators in the past and have been unimpressed. However, I've been very happy with the streaming audio quality of the PMK5800. Callers say that they can't even tell I'm using a car kit, so it works great for phone conversations also. For $100 with no install costs, I'm very happy.

I do have a question though. While audio streaming works great, I can't get AVRCP to work. I've trid re-pairing several times with no luck. Has anyone else had luck getting the i760's AVRCP functionality to work with this product or any Parrot products in general? Any suggestions on how to get this working?
    Regards,
    Lynn

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    AVRCP?....

Audio Video Remote Control Profile - the ability to use the play, pause, forward, and back buttons on the Parrot to control Windows Media Player on the i760.
    Regards,
    Lynn

Here is a link to the product:
    Parrot - Parrot PMK5800 - Plug & Play Bluetooth hands free kit with FM transmitter

If you are listening to the radio or CD and a call comes in what do you have to do to answer the phone?

Supposedly you just have to tune your radio to the preset FM modulator station. Somehow the Parrot knows that you've switched to that station and answers the call. I haven't tested this yet.

The unit supports AVRCP. I just can't get it to work with my i760. I have a couple of bluetooth stereo headsets that work fine with AVRCP (Motorola S705 and Motorola HT820).
    Regards,
    Lynn

Also this link may help:

Parrot USA/Canada Forum