+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Franson GPSGate

Franson GPSGate

Anyone using it on the i760?

Just d/l v2.6 and am contemplating buying a license for the i760 to use when my Freedom 2000 BT GPS arrives.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure why GPSGate is needed, but I've used it (older version) on my laptop with a USB puck and MS Streets and Trips. I just upgraded from 1.1 to 2.6 on the laptop because I couldn't get the old version to work for some reason.

Would GPSGate be helpful with the BT GPS and WLS? Or will the GPS input work without such a program? Only needed if I want to run multiple apps using the GPS output like WLS and Google Maps at the same time?

You are correct. GPSGate is for using multiple apps. I had mine set up on my i730 to use a virtual com port for the PPC apps, a bluetooth server going to my laptop and to com1 for my PC if I want. The mulitiple apps I use are Tom Tom and another prog to report my position to a internet page. They didn't want to work with the WM5 GPS setup. I installed version 2.0.1.112 on the i760, it doesn't seem to stay running all the time. I have google maps use the WM6 GPS prog using GPSGate virt port as its input.

Is GPSGate required for this? It doesn't seem to be. I can run both WLS and Google Maps at the same time, sharing the GPS through the built-in WinMobile GPS "interposer" driver.

The built in GPS prog will not work with my prog to upload position to a internet page. It seams it had a problem with Tom Tom also.