+ Reply to Thread

Messaging won't open

All of a sudden today, my messaging app won't open. Not from the today screen, nor from start-->programs-->messaging. I can't receive email nor text messages. Worked fine up to about 9AM CST. I can't exchange sync either--I get error 0x80004005 which is a random error message. Other programs work, except Voice Command---which works if I disable the messaging check box. Only new thing I did was install a trial of SOTI Pocket Controller yesterday. It sync'd fine after that, but I went ahead and removed it, soft reset, and still having the issues.

Yes I have free program memory available (about 10MB). Nothing else running. No other new settings, tweaks, etc...

Any thoughts before I have to hard reset and install a backup?
    Jeremiah 29:11

I've ran into this issue a few times myself. A simple soft reset fixed my issue.
    Anthony C. Dunleavy
    "STEELERS" for LIFE!!!"

I am having the same problem. So far mine has worked when I go to Programs and open it from there but your experiences don't bode well

Well, I ended up hard resetting.....fixed it just fine. Unfortunately, my SPB Backup didn't work---the card crashed and wouldn't be read from PC or PPC. (just a little note---occ backup the card to your pc in case your card crashes or you lose your phone). So I had to reinstall everything....
    Jeremiah 29:11

I'm curious what all you have installed on your i760. I think I've read of others having trouble using the SPB backup for some reason or other.

I'm using Sprite Lite and have restored after a hard reset without problem... other than having to reset speed dials, emergency numbers, etc.

I have also taken your advice and have my backups copied to my laptop... just in case.