+ Reply to Thread

Smile SCH-i770 How to unlock to use oversease with SIM?

Does anyone know how to unlock the Verizon Samsung Saga SCH-i770 to use on an overseas network (such as Japan) with a Sim card from that country? I've read some posts and some people say you need to enter the service code "000000". A Verizon tech actually also gave me this code. So I tried dialing **772 and then entering the zeros, but all it does is get you into "Service Mode" and show you your MEID. I also read that the latest Microsoft update AKU 1.5.1 does some sort of unlocking "MMS Over GPRS Supported", but I'm not if this is what I'm looking for?

call verizon and tell them you want to unlock the sim, if your account is in good standing then they will provide you the code you need and walk you through entering it in the correct spot.

if you are not in good standing then they wont give you the secret code to unlock the sim.

the 6 zero code is the MSL code that verizon uses. (I think master service lock)- having that will allow you to fiddle with the cdma settings from the service mode. But to unlock the sim you need another code that is specific to each device/sim card I beleive and gets entered someplace else.

there's a new menu item in the phone options screen where you go but again the verizon folks will walk you right through it without any problems as long as your account is in good standing.

If you are going to japan you are out of luck. Japan has CDMA for voice only and UMTS for data. The Saga does not do UMTS, only the Blackberry Storm on Verizon will work in Japan for data.

Quote Originally Posted by constantoo View Post
    hi,
    there are a lots of methods to unlock a mobile , the best being unlocking using codes. which is much easier
    there is NO reason to pay someone when verizon will give you the unlock codes for FREE and walk you through entering it.