+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Im Mad

Angry Im Mad

Well ok not that mad.. but i was browsing online today and guess what i saw... Yup you guessed it! A minute counter for the Treo phone... I don't undestand it, how can Treo already have a min tracker and the Samsung i-300 dont? Is it because of Samsung? I bet PDA apps could make one... I really wish they would... BEcause i like all the other 500 I-300 users would buy it... Or Um maybe Jake could... Um nevermind haven't we already been through this? I just think about how cool it would be.. thats all... :p ok N e ways thought u guys should know.. maybe jake or someone could use the tracker for the treo phone and hack it to make it work with ours.. I downloaded it and it said Only work with tro or handspring(somthing like that) it needed the treo phone DB to work.. so maybe Jake can make it use the samsung phone DB? Samsung needs to come out with a SDK.. NOW<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Sorry, but what do you mean about a minute counter? When connected to a data session, your phone displays the time the call has been active on the top display. Are you looking for some kind of transmit and receive counter with session time features? I am just not clear what you are asking.

homer

Administrator

Arrow

a la the minute counter thats out for the 6035...

homer, as you know, we sprint folks can log onto the WAP browser and go into the sprintpcs section and we have our minutes listed there. he wants a program that you can tap from the launcher to keep track of peak/off peak minutes...

we have a thread about this and it has been debated over. IMO, the WAP page will be much more accurate than any palm based counter will be.. ive been using sprints feature since it was released and it has always been accurate for me on the times i have checked it...

with all the soft/warm/cold resets folks somtimes get, that can make such an app un reliable, but some folks will swear by it.

at any rate, thats what hes talking about.. your opinion would be welcomed here..

Sorry guys. I had no idea such a beast existed. I have never needed anything like this so I never looked. And I thought I had read every thread on this board. Oops. My mistake.

See, since I live in the magical world where all my cell minutes are free, I have never stopped to try to track minutes. But I do understand the concern (i have my wife's data service competely disabled.

I do agree with you Marc, all applications stored in your phone will have the potential to be inacurrate. If only by a few seconds per call, they can be off. Add the seconds from a few thousand connections and you could have quite a suprise in the mail with you Sprint PCS bill. The only accurate way is to use the carrier to track your minutes for you. You can use the WAP page, the *4 option, or check usage from your main Sprint PCS page (assuming no outages or other problems). But even the carrier will tell you that their information can be delayed by a few days. The best bet might be a combination of the two options. Use a Palm app to track locally, then compare with the carrier version to judge the accuracy.

Just my opinion. I am not sure how much it counts in this thread. Take it or leave it.

Sorry again for my uninformed and relatively ignorant question.

homer