+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up great app!

I bought my i300 about two months ago and have really enjoyed it. What a great device......... i just found this app that runs GREAT on it. Some company here in Austin develops it. I think they're called Hillcast or something like that. Anyhow, real-time financial info streamed to the phone. I highly recommend it.......

Administrator

Arrow

hi,

thanks for the info, but a link to a site to where folks can get more info would be great.

Yup.... that's the one! This app really looks good on the i300. The information streams the whole time so there is never a need to refresh or any of that crap. Way cheap to buy too. $29.95. I think they also have a trial version.......

Cool

Thanks for the note and the endorsement.

HillCast provides Streaming Real-Time Financial Data for Java based mobile devices ... in this case the Samsung i300. Several of our people use this device, BTW, and really like it.

The application name is MidCast and you can purchase it by coming to our website, clicking on Devices and selecting the Samsung i300. For a little while longer there is a 30 DAY FREE TRIAL PERIOD - so you can download and try it before you buy.

HillCast - Streaming Financial Data to Mobile Devices

Smile I300 free MIDCAST demo - streaming financial applications

Has anyone else tried Midcast?

MidCast is cool financial app that streams real-time and it really works!!! You can download it from www.handango.com for free. You need to search for MidCast or HillCast at the Handango web site to get it.

Enjoy….

Hank

Red face

uhh. yeah, bro. check about four threads down..........

Thumbs up

This app is cool. I got it about two weeks ago and will probably buy it. Best part is the streaming real-time. Does anyone know if they offer more than just US equities???

Today, US securities. Tomorrow ... stay tuned. Bonds, currency, even on-line trading are all in the plans for streaming real-time access to financial markets.

Lightbulb

Here's the skinny on the whole app from www.handango.com. You can also contact info@hillcast.com or support@hillcast.com for more information.

Product Name: MidCast
    Version: 2.55
    Suggested Retail Price (SRP) in US Dollars: $29.95
    Platform: Palm
    Java Application: Yes
    Color Application: Yes
    Wireless network interactivity: Yes
    Application uses the email transport (smtp) or Cingular Wireless "sock push" sdk on the Mobitex network: No
    Compatible Devices: Samsung Smartphone SPH-I300
    Languages: English
    Features: NA
    Keywords: Mobile,Financial,Software, Application, Wireless, Real-Time, Quotes
    Minimum Requirements: Requires J2ME and WinZip
    Brief Description: Streaming Real-Time Financial Markets to the Mobile World
    Long Description: HillCast Technologies is the leading next-generation developer of real-time streaming financial applications for mobile devices. Its mobile financial application allows for secure and continuous real-time streaming of quotes, details, charts, and graphs. Device is currently compliant with the Sprint network.
    Product Page URL:
    Download URL: www.hillcast.com
    Email Notification: You will be notified when a purchase is made.
    Product purchase Notification Email Address: handango@hillcast.com
    Customer Support Email Address: support@hillcast.com
    Handango Support Email Address: cs@handango.com
    Email Comment: For technical assistance, please contact Support at support@hillcast.com

2. Software Categories

Categories: Palm Software: Wireless Software
    Palm Software: Wireless Software > Finance & Business
    Palm Software: Business & Professional

3. Product Registration

Product Type: Shareware Registration
    Registration Model: Author Standard
    Number of Files: 1

HCTech and dhandy,
    Welcome to the board. I see the 2 of you are both brand new members. While I can appreciate your enthusiasm, please refrain from blatrant advertising here on the board. If you have purchased a product you feel is worthy of our attention then please do provide us with a user review.
    I can only believe at this point that the 2 of you are somehow employed by this company and view the board as an advertising platform. I'm sure the product is worthy of the attention, but if you'd like to continue advertising, contact fikse about purchasing a banner. Otherwise, please submit any further reviews as just that...reviews.

Thanks

P.S. Not to come off as a prick, but this is the 4th billboard for the product in 2 days.

mjorange,
    You got it.......... nothing but reviews from here on out.
    sorry about about all that!

Question

what about indices???? It would be nice to see the DJIA on this app.

Talking

heck ya...... Getting the DJIA would rock!!!

It would be nice to have what's on my desktop at home sitting on my phone.

laxplayer003

Talking Just added to phone

nice app....would like to to see other indices as well.....nasdaq...otc.....amex.....etc....perhaps soon?.....also would like to be able to scroll down...no slide bar?....how about adding custom columns.....bid..ask....etc....otherwise very cool app....currently use cbs watch and smartmoney....on the phone ....through avantgo and blazer....thanks...msw

I'm with laxplayer, If there was some way to have all the Indices on this app, it would almost be like having CNBC on your phone. That'd be nice. Seems like i always get screwed by the market when I'm out playing golf and not watching CNBC........

I330

Will this app work on the i330?

Thanks
    Hank

We actually have not received a I330 from samsung yet for testing but I can only assume that if it works on the I300 like a champ, we should see likewise on the I330.

Those guys actually just sent me the most updated version..... There is now a choice option when selecting if you want Stock List, Day Chart, Real-Time Chart, etc....

FYI........
    They just sent me another customer newsletter saying that Level II trading will be available as well!! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!!

Question Sprint PCS Vision Treo

This app Rocks on the Sprint PCS Vision Network on the Treo.
    It's fast...

Is this the same network that the I300 runs on?

Handy