+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator

Arrow NEW! Palm Desktop Software 4.1 for Windows now available.

Palm Desktop 4.1. Better GUI and some other nifty goodies...<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Unhappy hotsync not working

Can anyone tell me how to get my i300 to hotsync using Desktop 4.1? I have used the desktop software that came with it with no problem. When I tried to upgrade to the new desktop, I get nothing, no syncing at all. I get a message sayingthe phone cannot comminucate with the computer.

Administrator

Arrow

check your settings in the custom fields. make sure you have the correct com port selected. are you using usb? make sure the program knows which (either serial or USB).

Question

Are you upgrading your I300? I thought the OS on the I300 wasn't upgradable?

I downloaded and installed 4.1 and when I start it I get the error mesage

" Exprept.exe module cannot be found"

I can open the program but calendar info is not being sync.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Mike
    michaelb92

I got 4.1 when I first got the word and have been using it since (replace Outlook XP). I like it a lot... but I wish it would allow you to "tile" as many windows as you want (i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Task List, etc.). And I like to look at the weekly view (if not monthly), so having the day view with one of the other windows open on the right side doesn't work for me. But Outlook had its drawbacks also. For now I'm happy with Palm Desktop 4.1. If anyone has any good ideas for optimal screen setup let me know. (right now I just default to calendar)

Administrator

Arrow

mike, just reinstall it again. i had no problem installing the new desktop. it even deleted the old desktop for me before continuing they install process. im using win2kpro.

did you download the correct file? there is one for different OS versions and i think there is a .exe and .zip.

Question

4.1 desktop is great - EXCEPT it doesn't mark overdue todos with an "!" and color them red like previous verisons did. I can't find anyplace to turn this on/off. I don't understand why they would do away with this feature.

Am I missing something?

One thing to keep in mind when upgrading Palm Desktop... I had to re-install Chapura's PocketMirror to reinstall the conduits to sync with Outlook XP.

For the few days that I couldnt locate the I300's software CD (for the pocketmirror install) all of my custom categories were deleted and all address, to do, memos, etc.. were all listed as 'unfiled'.

Once reinstalled though, its back to working flawlessly.